“Tala is Awesome”

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Weston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: More European castle than American hospital, this former insane asylum offers historic and paranormal tours six days a week. Full Museum & Patient Art Gallery entry with your tour purchase. This Gothic National Historic Landmark holds 130 years of American history's dark side.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I love ghost hunting and all the tour guides and management there is so friendly and they make the nite fun n enjoying!

There are newer reviews for Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Didn't GAC go there? Me and my friends spent the night there back in 2003. We kept hearing Lily in that one room with the duck on the window. When we heard the story of Charlie, we cried. The story of Lily still gives me the chills to this day. Did you know the Ghost Adventures Crew went there in 2009. Well they did.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Just wanted to thank everyone from the historical guide ghost hunters owners and the people working there butts off to make the asylum beautiful!!!Definatley make a stop here for any tour there all great!!

WVTOURlover, Owner at Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Thanks!! I'll let the staff know you enjoyed your visit and come back again soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I took my girl scout troop on the first floor historical tour of TALA. The guide (Andrea) was fabulous and had an incredible amount of knowledge about TALA as well as the town of Weston. The tour was more than worth our admission. I cannot wait to schedule another tour of a different area of the facility. Great job bringing the historical value back to this property and Weston. Keep up the great work restoring this wonderful structure!

Come back soon and we appreciate the wonderful review!!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Six of us went last November and Cody gave us a great tour. He was very knowledgable and I think we all had personal experiences. We plan on going back soon now that the weather is starting to warm up.

Come back soon and I'll pass on your comments to the staff!!