“Awesome experience!”

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Weston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: More European castle than American hospital, this former insane asylum offers historic and paranormal tours six days a week. Full Museum & Patient Art Gallery entry with your tour purchase. This Gothic National Historic Landmark holds 130 years of American history's dark side.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Six of us went last November and Cody gave us a great tour. He was very knowledgable and I think we all had personal experiences. We plan on going back soon now that the weather is starting to warm up.

WVTOURlover, Owner at Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Come back soon and I'll pass on your comments to the staff!!

Morgantown, West Virginia
“Amazing time at TALA overnight ghost hunt!!!!!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My paranormal team & I did the over night ghost hunt at Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum on January 28, 2012. It was such an amazing experience. Our tour guide was Pat Maloney who did an incredible job. After giving us a tour of the Asylum, he assisted each team individually in our efforts to make contact, being a Co Founder of an investigation team himself. Pat sat with us on fourth floor and conducted a flaslight session which had impressive results (flashlight turning on and off by itself) The building alone was incredible and am very much looking forward to returning. I will be returning for another overnight stay on March 17, 2012 and have requested Pat to be our tour guide. I highly recommend a visit to TALA, even if its just a historical Tour, but If you do go for an overnight stay or paranormal tour, I do recommend recommend requesting Pat Maloney as your guide. =)

Visited January 2012
florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“GREAT PLACE TO GHOST HUNT!!!!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The guides are great and the place will never disappoint you. I have gone twice (I live in FL) and always come home with loads of evidence, from great EVP’s, photos, and videos. A must do if in the area. Don’t be scared it’s a great learning environment. Have Fun Ghost Hunting!!!!!

Visited June 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Awsome!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was our third trip from Central Florida to Asylum. I have ghost hunted here all three times, and this last time took the historic tour. Such a neat place, and the people here are the nicest. Will be back soon!

Visited August 2011
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"TALA" is the BEST!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I went on a ghost hunt at trans allegheny lunatic asylum on 2/18/2012. This place is sooo creepy! I highly recommend going on the ghost hunt! I love tala!!! :) ***Copperhead is a great guide! :) ***** -Jason Phillips

1 Thank bamfan