Tazewell Motel(North Tazewell)
Hotels.com
Skyline Resort(Ghent)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
USD 68
All reviewsmcdowell countywest virginiafull size coffee makerflagpolefridge
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We go once a year to Welch and 'hang out'. Always a fun trip. Lunch at the Sterling- pizza for dinner from Pizza Hut and then hang out at picnic area at the Count Gilu. They are friendly, clean and spacious rooms. Outdated.....but that is their charm!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank sharonrobertb
Reviewed 19 October 2017

John checked me in. He is very nice. I stayed in Room 4. Car parked right outside. Location of motel is a little scary to get to for a solo female traveller. Like many of the roads I have encountered in West Virginia it is a dark road. I felt like I was going down a road I should not be on. Room was fine. A bit old-fashioned but fine. Fridge, microwave, TV, WiFi. AC in my room looked a bit of a mess. No idea if it worked because I did not need it. Fridge made an annoying sound on and off. Everything basically clean. Soap supplied. A few little gnats in the room.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank dlmsigh
Reviewed 30 June 2017

I stayed in room 14, on the second floor, for two nights. I was very pleasantly surprised. The grounds were maintained very well, there was landscaping in between the rooms, and there were many places to sit outside at tables with umbrellas. Each room had access to a sitting area. Inside the room, I had beautiful furniture - a full dresser, two nightstands, and a desk - that more than met my needs. The bed was comfortable. I also had a large dorm-sized refrigerator and coffee maker. I was provided with two nice mugs and two glasses, which made me feel like I was in a guest room instead of a hotel room. It was so quiet at night, which made it difficult for me to sleep! :-) I'm used to hearing a lot of noise! It was peaceful, though. My only complaint is that the air conditioner was noisy, but it did keep the room cool so it's a minor complaint. This motel is convenient to Welch and McDowell county.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank JessTroi
Reviewed 24 April 2017

The sign says Count Gilu Welch's finest. It's true, but there aren't any other motels in Welch. It's a small 17 unit motel that is tucked in behind a vocational school. It has a nicely landscaped area. Sitting on the deck of our second story unit would have been pleasant if it hadn't been raining. The area is very quiet and the unit itself was quiet. Everything was clean and good working order. Bring you own shampoo. The guy who checked us in was friendly and nice.
The only thing I didn't like is that the bed was too hard for me and the king size pillows too big and firm.
It's nice that there was a microwave and frig in the room. We fixed our morning oatmeal there, and kept our juice and yogurt cool overnight.

Room Tip: The second story rooms are larger and have a nice deck for sitting.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank emptynester40
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The motel is a private family owned motel in a very quiet tucked away location and is very well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, nicely decorated, very comfortable, had a brand new mattress that was very good quality. Rooms included fast free wifi, a microwave, large flat screen tv, small refrigerator, full size coffee maker and were very clean. The bathroom was very large. I would definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family