All reviews tubing hill snack area indoor outdoor pool main village great trip ski resort washer and dryer full kitchen runs units gear lesson supplies snowboard
Reviewed 1 March 2018

We took our family on Christmas Day for 3 days. Silver Creek is not some high end resort but it is a great option for staying up on the mountain and not completely breaking the bank. The room was decent with a kitchen, small table and couch. It was worth the money. They also have an indoor/outdoor heated pool there that the kids loved. You can swim outside even when it's 2 degrees out like it was for us. If you enjoy the night skiing then this is your place because it is right on the slopes.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I’ll save the long windy review about how dated this place is (think the rundown hotel in hot tub time machine, but worse). It’s been touched on plenty already.

The attached photo says it all. Piles of trash like this EVERYWHERE. They really could not care less about the aesthetic or guest experience.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 7 February 2018

If you are a beginner skier, Silver Creek is a much better option than the Snowshoe main runs. The slopes are MUCH wider, less crowded, and the instructors were great. My two sons had never seen a snowboard before and after one day, They were going down the green runs with no problems. The only issue I had was that for my 14 year old, they don't offer day classes, only 1.5 hour lessons. They do offer a 1/2 extra lesson on the same day as a group lesson, so my son did that. Between the two, he was good to go.

So, for beginner skiing, Silver Creek is great. Ski in/Ski out. As far as the lodge is concerned, it leaves much to be desired. Really only one place to eat, which is a basic sports bar where a meatball sub costs 16 dollars. There was no little market/convenience place to pick up water or small cooking supplies, which seemed odd because the units all come with kitchens and most people cook there.

You can take the bus over to Snowshoe proper and there they have a little market and some restaurants. It's not that bad to do that, but it would be nice to have something at the Silvercreek lodge itself.

Lastly, the rental department is in the lodge itself and super convenient. Friendly staff and quick service.

The tubing is also very fun. My kids loved doing that.

Room tip: Make sure to bring ALL groceries. It's an hour drive down the mountain to closest town.
Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Our weekend at the Silver Creek Lodge was less than spectacular. I don't want to be too harsh as it probably had a little to do with my expectations were probably a little off.

I'll start with what I was hoping for. I wanted to spend a relaxing weekend with my wife at the Snowshoe resort with some skiing, and relaxing by a fireplace etc. I figured there would be children around, not necessarily a go-to feature that I am looking for when I get away, but I figured it would be manageable.

Unfortunately the children portion of my equation was completely incorrect. To start off with, if you book a room, do yourself a favor and make sure that the room is not facing the pool as the generally unsupervised children create a terrible amount of noise throughout the evening until the pool closes at 10:00.

As for the unsupervised portion of my claim, every time I left the room there were children running around. It seemed that most of the time the age was somewhere around 8-12 years old engaging in various activities like racing down the hallway in the bell stands.

If you have a family with children then maybe this is ok, but I would advise any couples who might be looking for one relaxation to maybe consider a different property on the resort.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Silver Creek is set off apart from the main "Village" area of the Snowshoe resort and has it's own separate slope area. You can get to the main village and the other slopes by free bus which comes every 20 minutes or so. The bus ride itself is about 10 minutes. We stayed there for a few nights between Christmas and New Years 2017. Our experience was positive overall and I would go back to Silver Creek but there were some subpar aspects too. The whole place has a "no-friils" vibe and is a bit rundown compared to the fancier village area. Our suite itself was comfortable enough but certain aspects were in need of either updating or repair. It seems the quality of the rooms can vary widely as they are privately owned. We chose Silver Creek because of the relatively lower cost and because, with a suite with full kitchen we were able to cook in our unit and spare ourselves the otherwise high restaurant costs.

We were supposed to be able to check in at 5:00 but the room wasn't ready until about 6:30. This wasn't a great start but the staff were courteous and gave us an $80 voucher good at any eating establishment in the entire Snowshoe resort. We hadn't planned to eat dinner out of our unit but we used the voucher to get dinner Saturday night in the Village area and that was cool. Tubing is located at Silver Creek but we didn't do that so I can't comment. The night skiing is a bonus. In addition to the sports bar and snack area there is a shack selling sushi outside and a place right on the slopes selling waffles (?), hot chocolate, etc, but overall the dining possibilities aren't as extensive as at the main village area.

The good points of Silver Creek were as follows:

*Kitchen in unit to defray meal costs
*Free laundry in unit
*Ski-in / ski-out - hotel exit is right by the slopes
*Indoor/outdoor pool and jaccuzzi with sauna - our kids loved that
*Uncrowded slopes with no lift lines
*Night skiing
*They let us rent our gear the night before we started skiing to avoid crowds
*Lower room cost than the Village area
*No problems with WiFi
*Friendly, helpful staff

The negatives were as follows:
*Overall slightly rundown/dated vibe
*Room wasn't ready when we were supposed to check in
*One TV in the suite didn't work
*The shower didn't drain properly
*Sofa bed was on its last legs
*We had to clean the fridge before we used it - something had spilled and not been cleaned up
*Peeling wallpaper
*Lack of good restaurants unless you go to the main village
*The small shop selling sundries had a poor selection

For me the ability to ski out onto uncrowded slopes and cook in our unit trumped the negatives at Silver Creek, and knowing what I know about it I would go back again despite its flaws.

Date of stay: December 2017