All reviews tubing hill snack area indoor outdoor pool main village great trip ski resort washer and dryer full kitchen runs units gear lesson supplies snowboard
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

When we arrived at Silver Creek Lodge, my initial impression was, "What a dump". I haven't stayed in many lodges, opting for renting cabins or homes, so maybe this is normal and I'm just unknowingly unfair. But I felt like there was no maintenance being done, no care for the place at all. It was dirty, windows and doors were smeared and smudged, and the place just looks old. Our nonsmoking room turned out to be some smokers' paradise and it took about a 1/2 hour to get another room. I have a lung disease and can't breathe the stuff. The furnishings of the room looked straight out of the 50's and I believe it was. It just looked and smelled nasty. While we waited, the people staying across the hall came up and when they opened their door, I was shocked! Their room was beautiful! So apparently some rooms have been remodeled while others remain old. We got our new room and unloaded our things. This room looked just as old, with cheaper furniture, and extremely hard beds, but at least it didn't smell like cigarettes. Immediately I opened the door to the balcony and noticed someone was on a nearby balcony trying to send smoke signals, due to the radio silence in this area maybe, and every time we did that, we immediately had to close it. The rooms and balconies are supposed to be smoke free, but they don't care. I even saw many cigarette butts tossed all over the ski slope at the area behind the ski schools. However, the various people I met were very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting some good people. The slopes were well maintained but the tiny tubing area at Silver Creek seemed like more of an afterthought. I would never spend $20 for two hours there. Later I saw two girls sitting by an open window of a lodge at the Depot, sending their own smoke signals, so apparently smokers think that others will never be able to tell. :/ The shuttles and drivers are great. The Pizza place at the top of the Depot
is really good- highly recommend! There are many foreigners working the shops and facilities at the top, which is fine, but some at the Shavers center could not speak English. There was a handicapped person from our group that I took there and when we had questions I couldn't find any information. Also, not the friendly area the rest of the place seems to be. We didn't stick around there. Don't expect cell service- it's in a radio wave blackout zone, and the WiFi is weak. But just come for skiing and some good people and you won't be disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank curlyfry2012
Reviewed 8 February 2017

Silver Creek Lodge is a condo hotel. That means the individual rooms are privately owned. Snowshoe resort "manages" many of the units. Some are managed by Airbnb or VRBO. This review is for unit 1107.

NEW:
Kitchen appliances, dishware and utensils!
Mattress seemed new
Samsung Smart TV - I loaded my Netflix account on it.

OLD:
Bathroom fixtures - probably the original toilet (can you say ten gallons per flush!) No blockage here folks.
Bathroom vinyl floor was the same as when I was a senior in high school - 1980.

Very convenient location for night skiing and tubing. The Bear's Den took nearly 45 minutes to prepare a beef brisket sandwich on Saturday afternoon. It was delish though. It was very expensive to stay here, but kind of expected for a weekend visit.

I thought it was very odd that Snowshoe apparently does NOT recycle. I felt weird throwing my cans and bottles in the trash.

I would stay here again due to the location. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SWDurham
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Room 1403, that was our room. Forest green carpet, stained comforter, gross living room furniture and kitchen supplies-needless to say, i did not sit on the couch or take my shoes off. It was disgusting. What topped it all off was the dishsoap under the sink in a PICKLE JAR..seriously?! Yuck. Worst night's sleep ever. Thank goodness I brought my child's sleeping bag, wish I would have brought mine!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank 87lemrick
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the day but need to bring a lot of money for the family to enjoy the outdoor tubing. Some advice is to be there on the odd number hours because the sell passes in 2 hour increments. They only start at 11, 1, 3, and 5. We arrived a little bit after 1 and was charged the full amount but had to stop at 3. The music being played wasn't age appropriate for young children with pretty graphic language. The lodge charges $10 for parking. The facilities are very good and they have some clothing stores and restaurants inside the hotel but we didn't try them.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

We planned to spend our 10th anniversary here but that all changed quickly. After a 7 hour drive to Snowshoe we were ready to relax in a nice, clean vacation room. We were given a small room with a nasty, stained, worn out loveseat, and a seemingly slept in murphy bed. The restaurants looked as wornout as the room. We got a refund & drove the 7 hours home never to return HERE.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple