“Don't judge a book...”

Fresh Seafood Market & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Saint Albans
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I've lived in/near Charleston all my life and I've never stepped foot inside the Fresh Seafood Restaurant in Jefferson because, let's face it, from the outside it's not somewhere you want to be.

If you can even find it at all.

BUT after last night I can confidently say, "Don't judge a book by its cover."

When you walk inside you still might be questioning your decision, but just a short walk up the stairs you'll think you stepped foot in a seaside restaurant at the beach.

And the food. DELICIOUS. Fresh daily. Quality controlled. Expertly cooked. Reasonably priced.

I had the crab cake dinner. They were crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. Yum.
My husband had the seafood trio - fish, shrimp and oysters - it was a huge portion for only $15.

The staff was equally as impressive. The manager, Will, is as friendly as he is knowledgeable. He has a lot of experience and takes great pride in the quality of food that comes out of his kitchen - and you can tell.

To say we were impressed is an understatement. We will return again and again - and encourage everyone who reads this to do the same.

You can thank us later.

1  Thank MizzBowe

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

For years I never stopped here to eat because it just doesn't look appealing from the outside ..... boy, was that a mistake! I sell Avon and had a girl who is a waitress there get my name and place an order. She asked if I could drop it by her work, so that's what I did. When I walked into the restaurant, I was pleasantly surprised! It is nice and clean and I love the view of the river out the windows and the outside seating area. I told my husband that we just HAD to try out this restaurant sometime. We did and have been going there ever since. The food is always delicious and my husband and I both love the crab dip that they bring to your table after you are seated. It may be the best crab dip I've ever eaten. Definitely don't let the outside appearance keep you from stopping at this restaurant. I wish I would've tried it years ago!

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Had two mixed drinks, all-you-can-eat popcorn shrimp and fries (for two people) for under $35. Very reasonably priced, locally owned. Their big fish sandwiches are great. Definitely give this place a try if you like seafood without large crowds Seating area was a little congested, but we were there on a relatively busy evening. Great place to have an affordable, good dinner.

1  Thank M P
Reviewed 29 October 2016

The fish sandwich is huge and cooked to perfection -this is my favorite they also have beer, wine and liquor and many different fish dishes when you arrive they bring you crackers and a seafood appetizer-this is a favorite place frequented by locals -who know where to go for good food

Reviewed 18 October 2016

It's almost hidden from the world and doesn't look like an eatery but this little seafood haven is a great place to go and more people need to know it's location. Just off of US Rt 60 in St. Albans, WV, the Fresh Seafood Market is indeed a seafood market but what was once a house has been converted to an indoor and patio restaurant which serves fish flown in daily. Their Alaska Snow Cod is cooked to perfection and has to be the best I've tasted. This along with their fried shrimp (all you can eat for $15,99) is a great deal for the top quality of the food and service. It's a great lunch stop or dinner. Located along the Kanawha River the Fresh Seafood Market is a quaint, delicious place to eat.

The Fresh Seafood Company Restaurant & Market is open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and from noon to 9 p.m. on Sunday. It is closed on Mondays.

1  Thank mccal2016