“Great”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Kimono's offers great food as well as great service. The cook is always super friendly no matter what grill. The food is always good

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We celebrated a birthday at Kimono's last week. There were nine of us and we all enjoyed the evening. The Food was very good and the entertainment was very good. There was a youngster with us and he really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

On business in the area, I stopped in to New Kimono for a Wednesday evening dinner. The place was less than half full, probably because I was there fairly early (well before 6pm), and I was quickly seated at a booth. I noticed the place also has three hibachi grills (see picture) where patrons who want a show can watch chefs twirl utensils, “flame” food, and dish it up. My intention was to try the sushi and sashimi as recommended by a client. I was immediately greeted by a waitress, who smiling, took my drink order – a Sapporo beer (see picture). I noticed the beer menu lists Tsing Tao (Chinese), but they were out of it when I asked later. Nevertheless, I ordered the Sashimi Deluxe, which is 20 pieces of various raw fish, and it includes Miso soup and a salad with the place’s Kimono dressing (see picture). I found the Miso soup to have more flavor than many I’ve had, and the simple salad was also well complemented by the dressing. When the Sashimi Deluxe (see picture) came out, I was impressed with the presentation, which includes a bamboo “hammock” holding shrimp and crab, as well as a miniature umbrella in a bamboo stand. In addition to the shrimp and crab, the raw offerings included octopus, salmon, tuna, yellowtail, and more. Mixing some of the supplied wasabi with soy sauce, I dipped many of the bites and they proved to be fresh and delicious. To top it off, I ordered a Princeton Roll (a local favorite), which includes eel and avocado on various rolls that are stacked on their sides, end-to-end, with the end rolls being shrimp with tails making the roll look unique (see picture). My waitress provided excellent service and was talkative, making me feel very welcomed. I would definitely visit Kimono again when I want a sushi/sashimi “fix,” but the restaurant has maki and other more traditional dishes including appetizers such as crab rangoon and dumplings, plus noodle dishes, soups, and hibachi dinner entrees (the ones patrons would get at the hibachi grills), not to mention kids’ sizes!

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Loved the sushi. Great little place only it closes between lunch and dinner. Has hibachi grills and tables. Even chicken nuggets and fries for picky eaters.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Located in a busy WalMart shopping center this restaurant was not busy on a Monday night. I was promptly seated and with some help from a waiter navigated the extensive menu of sushi and hibachi. I chose the teriyaki chicken and enjoyed miso soup, a small salad and vegetable spring rolls while waiting for the entree. The main course was a large plate of chopped chicken well-cooked atop stir fried vegetables and the sauce. All of the carrots, squash, broccoli, onions and mushrooms were well cooked and tasty. The accompanying rice was sticky and brown and a large serving. The food was good just nothing special.