“Good Food”

Anthony's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Petersburg
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with colleagues during a recent business trip to the area. Food was very good. Restaurant was clean and staff friendly. Had the appetizer basket with the homemade ranch dressing. Would eat here again.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Couldn't be seated at a table big enough for our family because nothing was clean. The 5 of us squeeze into a table for 4. 2 waitresses took our drink orders which were finally served 20 mins later without ice. We ordered 1 salad, cheese bread, stuffed shells, chicken parmesan, pizza fries and a calzone. We ended up canceling the salad because it never came. The chicken was too burnt to eat but no one stopped by our table again to check on us. No one took a single plate from our table, even though it was so full that we were stacking dirty dishes under our freshly served food. All of this would have been manageable had we not witnessed a party of 8 local kids continuously being served food they never even ordered and the waitresses telling them it was a mistake and they wouldn't be charged. My entire group went to the car as I waited another 20 minutes for a check that never arrived. I finally went to the register to ask for my check, told the waitress that half of our food was not even edible and she tells me I owe almost $40 but couldn't print a copy of what I was being charged for. I asked to speak to a manager about the situation, and then had to wait another 10 minutes to be acknowledged by one of the girls who had stopped by our table earlier. She laughed at my complaints, said she wasn't even a manager but her significant other owned the business and she thought it was funny that we had such a bad experience.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We were able to meet a relative while visiting the town. We were told to seat ourselves, so we did. Server came over to give us menus and take drink orders. We tried the loaded tater tots for an appetizer. They were pretty good. Only complaint is that they needed more cheese in them. We could hardly find any as stated on the menu and also a little more seasoning. I tried the kids manicotti dish with meat sauce. The stuffed shells were pretty good, but the meat sauce was disappointing. It was just tomato sauce with ground beef added on the side. The meat was overcooked and both the meat and sauce were way under seasoned. They need more pepper and seasoning. The bread loaf was pretty good but could be outstanding if brought to you warm and that they should toast it with some roasted garlic and warm butter an wrap in foil to keep it warm. The other members tried the kids spaghetti with meat sauce. They could only eat about half. Portion size was huge. Prices for most items are reasonable. It they could learn how to season their food and fix the bread to a warm, toasted garlic bread, it would really help. Overall a good experience. Bella Vita which is also in town is better in my opinion. We have been to each several times.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We were starving when we stopped. We ordered a meat & veggie calzone & stromboli. The waitress did not tell us how HUGE these items would be. I ended up taking half of my calzone back to our cabin. The food was a bit pricey though. Overall the service was okay.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

The food is amazing, a good deal and the employees are great when the right group is working. If you go in and it's all females with long black hair that refuse to get off their cell phones, leave and come back when the 2 guys are cooking and the girl with blondish hair is working the register. The all female group screws up the order because they're too busy talking on the phone to pay attention to customers and their job. I would give them 5 stars in everything if it weren't for my last visit and the different employees.