“Disgusting... don't waste your money!”

Shoney's of Oak Hill
Ranked #16 of 32 Restaurants in Oak Hill
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I used to live Shoney's but, after eating at this location, I doubt I will ever eat at another one. This was the biggest waste of $50! We were there on the night with the steak and seafood buffet. I really wanted a salad so I ordered the buffet. The lettuce was so nasty... It tasted like it wasn't even washed and I barely found enough lettuce that didn't have rotten spots on it to make a salad. The fried chicken looked like it had been sitting there for a few hours. My husband tried something that was seafood. Neither one of us could figure out what he was but he took one bite and had to spit it out. The drinks were flat tasting. Overall, it just seemed dirty in there. I wanted to leave after we sat down but that would've embarrassed my husband. We basically threw $50 out the door. Never again Shoney's!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Just passing through and thought I'd try it. I had the dinner buffet which had a good selection and it tasted good. Wait staff was friendly, attentive and efficient.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

NASTY SHONEY'S STRAWBERRY PIE !! Went to Shoney's last night in Oak Hill WV ,, boy was that a mistake $30bucks for dinner $5buck tip and a fresh strawberry pie with mold all over it.. The only part i dont regret was the 5buck tip. Called them up to see what they felt would be fair about making this right. I asked to talk to the manager, "would not even come to the phone" ,, told the waitress that i was talking to tell me bring it back and they would give me a fresh one.. "REALLY" ! I thought the one i was bring home was a fresh one?? now you want me to make another 26 mile trip on my free gas to trade for another one,, NOT HARDLY!! so SHONEY'S heres free advertising for your restaurant ,, you will need it because you will never catch me wasting my hard earned money in your place again ... Shoney's of Oak Hill , 604 Fayette Sq, Oak Hill, WV 25901-9728

Reviewed 5 September 2017

There were no bowls on bar for soup - had to ask for them. Then, there were no spoons - had to ask for them. Food took 45 minutes to arrive at out table of 6, with only 3 other tables occupied. We were first told the long wait was due to the length of time necessary for grilling chicken breasts (by waitress), then Manager came and said wait time was due to having to bake more potatoes. After that, I still did not receive a baked potato. Onion rings, grilled chicken and country fried steak were all cold upon arrival at our table. Manager gave us $10 off, but still paid $50.00 for 6 people to have almost inedible food. Will never stop there again.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

The service was so friendly and attentive. The restaurant was clean, but a bit warn as the AC for the dinning room was broken and the AC for the kitchen hadn't been turned on (we found this out as our server was checking us out and was spoken to rudely by the manager). The food was good; the potatoes are real potatoes, the steak was cheap and delicious, the mac and cheese was my daughter's favorite. And the drinks were cheap for the giant to go size. The small gift shop is nice too and a great spot to pick up some shot glasses and other cheaply priced souvenirs. The most expensive thing was the Shoney's Bear plush my daughter had to have and it is of good quality, so worth the expense.