“Best BBQ in Morgantown!”

Woodburn Shanks Pit Style BBQ
Ranked #57 of 315 Restaurants in Morgantown
Price range: USD 3 - USD 15
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Welcome to Woodburn Shanks, Morgantown's only authentic Pit-Style BBQ. We specialize in hand-made, home-style comfort food. The Beef, Chicken and Pork BBQ made here is slow-smoked with locally sourced hardwood in an Old-fashioned BBQ Pit . No gas, electricity or pellets here. A special blend of Hickory, Cherry and Mesquite is where we get our heat. Our meat is always fresh, and our BBQ Sauces and Spice Rubs are hand-made and were developed right here. Give us a try and you'll see the difference
Reviewed 10 November 2017

My girlfriend and I stopped by here the other day. We ordered the pork platter with mac n cheese and brisket chili as our sides. Everything was so good!! The pork had lots of flavor and all four of their BBQ sauces were tasty too. The chili was really good but their mac n cheese in some of the best I have ever had! Service was really fast and there is only seating outdoors under a canopy. Don't expect anything fancy here but DO expect some really good BBQ! I highly recommend you try this place out and I can't wait to come back.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Very good BBQ. Try the chicken or pulled pork tacos. Even better is the chicken and sausage gumbo. You will leave satisfied. No indoor eating areas, but there is covered outdoor eating.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Piles of barbecuing going on out back of this little one story unassuming restaurant in Sabraton West Virginia. It's pit style and the website says that equals time plus wood smoke in a stick burning smoker. And oh my it is delicious they don't use electricity or gas it's dry rubbed it served dry and stands on its own as it says without sauce. Now they do have sauce, they have a couple different kinds of sauce. But when meat is this tender and falls off the bone if it's ribs or falls apart if it's in a sandwich who needs sauce? Not me! Not a big choice of sides but what they do have is out of this world. Ever heard of cheesy corn? Me, neither, before now and oh my goodness!! Ribs, chicken, pulled pork or brisket. It's all delectable!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This is a hidden BBQ shop in Morgantown. It was very good. The mac and cheese was to die for. The meat was so good. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

The food is worth the trip. To top it off it is locally owned and operated. The brisket was the best