“Great Burgers”

Tailpipes
Ranked #11 of 316 Restaurants in Morgantown
Price range: USD 7 - USD 9
Cuisines: American
Description: Voted Morgantown's Best Burger in 2012. The one and only Tailpipes; locally owned and operated.
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here many times now while visiting Morgantown. The burgers are delicious, and they have a wide variety of unique combinations. The ambiance is great, reminiscent of a 50s diner. The only small negative would be that the music is a little loud. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

First time at Tailpipes. Positively impressed. Got the "Corvette" signature burger with fries. Surprisingly filling. I parked about a block away and took some time finding the restaurant. Seems a lot of businesses on High Street don't put up street numbers so I had to find the 4th block first. I realized around eight minutes before my meter ran out that I needed to get the meal "to-go" because there was no way I could eat and savor the meal. I asked the manager to make my order "to-go" and he gave me a quarter instead to feed the meter so I could enjoy my meal. I got fed. The meter got fed. Win-win!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Expecting far less...this place was reall good. Great shakes and the burgers were unique and tasty. Good chili anf fries and even better fried pickles. Enjoyed the variety of burgers and kids played video games that allowed adults to enjoy free time. Great location on the strip.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I ordered a signature burger meal, and was a bit disappointed. They ask you to choose between medium and well, but I'm pretty sure they just cook it well no matter what you say (I chose medium). They also have a tip process problem: they ask for tip up front on the credit card bill, BEFORE you've been served, forcing your real tip evaluation for this visit to be assessed in a later visit (not good, even if some places try to get away with this dumb/abusive process). They also keep tip jars for cash, which is a workable alternative, maybe, even if their setup incentivizes poorer performance if you don't tip at the beginning (corrupt), but you see stuff written here and there in pleas for tips "our people work hard" and "support your local burger joint," and probably other "local" hipster gibberish. How about this: how about they deliver a decent product and service consistently? It wasn't bad or terrible, but not good enough to justify a $14 on a soda, fries, and an underwhelming burger (light on meat to boot). Had it been $4 cheaper, all in, it still would be a tough sell.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the bacon cheese burger and fries. The dip was really good for the fries. Right in down town and prompt on the service.