“Clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Morgantown
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 2 January 2016

Hotel is clean, comfortable and great for a overnight stay. Check in was a breeze and front desk was cordial. It is conveniently located by restaurants. Has 3 floors with elevator and steps. Smoke free and pet free. No bad odors. Refrigerator in room was somewhat noisy.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room by elevator or vending machines.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Erik C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and had a great check in experience. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Morgantown. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Holiday Inn Express is my go to hotel when traveling in the USA. They are very consistent and offer good value.

I was in Morgantown for my son's graduation from WVU and was traveling with my elderly parents.

This is the most unfriendly Express site I have ever stayed at. Staff was very focused on themselves and not serving the customer. I say this in a hotel chain that is designed to have little interaction between the guests and the staff, so that should give you an idea of how unimpressed I was.

Checking in was so bad that I had to criticize the front desk clerk directly because the manager could not be located.

As I was checking in there were two groups in front of ours. There were two front desk clerks, but one was having a personal phone conversation in front of us all at a level that it seemed he didn't care if we heard every word.

After waiting 15 minutes for the other two groups to get checked in by the one person working, the other was still on the phone. I asked him directly who he was talking to and he replied his father. I suggested he hang up and call him back on his personal time. He did end the call and then left the front desk. The person left to check us in gave me a rude look and i asked to speak with the manager. Her response was that the manager was not on site.

Bottom line: there are many hotel choices in Morgantown, WV. You may be better off choosing another option besides the local Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the disappointing service you received during check in. I can assure you that this was an isolated incident. We treat this matter very seriously and appropriate action has been taken. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience these issues may have caused you. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

Stayed at this location for a few nights while working at Camp Dawson. Hotel was very clean, room upgrade was well appreciated. Breakfast is the same old HI Express breakfast (getting pretty old) although the food was OK. Service at the desk was very accommodating and was happy to help with any request. Very close to restaurants, (walking distance) right in the area. Very nice hotel, I would certainly stay at this location when my travels bring me back to this area.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
James L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We also appreciate your constructive criticism, it helps us know where we can improve. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Morgantown. We look forward to seeing you again next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The room had an odd smell. Not necessarily bad, just odd. My husband said he couldn't smell it but I tend to notice smells more. Otherwise, the room was very nice and clean. The room had DirecTV which nice. Our room was on the first floor and was just around the corner from the front desk. It was a little noisy in the morning with people walking by to go get breakfast. I would probably ask for a different location if we stay here again.
The complimentary breakfast was great. It had a very nice selection of breakfast foods and a really cool pancake machine.
Overall, the hotel was good and I would stay here again or recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the front desk area
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
James L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast. However, I apologize that you experienced some issues with an odd smell and noise during your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff, so we can ensure this doesn't happen again in the future. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

Very nice hotel and rooms. The room just had a bad smell. After a while I got use to it and it didn't bother me. The room was very clean just stunk. I will be back to stay again along with a bottle of spray.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the issue you experienced with the smell in your room. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and hope you choose to stay with us again.