“Not the greatest”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Located at Hart Field, the airport for Morgantown, WV
Description: Located at Hart Field, the airport for Morgantown, WV
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I've been wanting to go to this place, as I heard great things, but I was disappointed. I came for a late lunch and was able to get in at the tail end of the buffet. Not too many options on the buffet, but the worst part of it was the meat. It was so very dry. I had looked at the menu and was considering a wrap, but the buffet seemed a bit more appealing. My family member got a wrap and they used meat from the buffet. Wait staff was excellent (the reason for three and not a two rating), but I'd pass on the food. If you come, I'd say come earlier to see if the food is fresher.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Four of us went for dinner recently and we all got the gyro platter. As always, the gyro meat is delicious, and the portion is generous; we took a lot home. I am not crazy about the sides, but the others liked them. I think the hummus is the best of the four sides. The pita bread was fresh and complimented the meal nicely. The service was good as always. This is one of our favorite restaurants, mainly because of the gyro meat!

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I've lived in the Middle East and feel I know a well-prepared dish when I eat one. I chose the mixed appetizers (babaganoush, hummus, stuffed grape leaf, tabouleh) on the lunch menu. Every offering was well-prepared and fresh. Pitas were also fresh and warm. Ali Baba is out at the airport, not easily accessible if you're in downtown Morgantown, but if you like Middle Eastern food, make the trek. You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

So happy to come back to Ali Baba for the first time in several years and to see Elias back at the helm. This place has been an absolute favorite of mine since I was a kid and it never disappoints. I love the Shishtawouk with Taboulleh! The red sauce on rice is just phenomenal.

Great service, great food, and a great view!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Elias and his son Aaron are back, so the food is great again. Go for the half off Mediterranean platters on Monday nite. Yummmmmmy..........Only drawback is no draft beer. I think it is only bottled beer and wine, and the usual soft drink venue.