“A Perfect Dinner! We will be back!”
Review of Ali Baba

Ali Baba
Ranked #18 of 304 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Located at Hart Field, the airport for Morgantown, WV
Description: Located at Hart Field, the airport for Morgantown, WV
Reviewed 10 July 2017

My husband and I enjoy Mediterranean cuisine, but it is unusual in our area to find a place that is open on Saturday. Ali Baba was the exception, for which we were very grateful. We had been skeptical of trying it only because it was at the airport, which seemed a little sleepy at the time, but finally went for it. We were glad we did. Different types of Mediterranean salads are included with most entree orders (you can also get a house salad if you prefer). My husband and I each ordered one, and tried both the Tahini and the Baba Ghannouj. Both were delicious, and served with fresh pita. The Baba Ghannouj has a similar texture to hummus, but I thought it tasted much better. It was topped with a Mediterranean olive, which accented it very well. The Tahini was very flavorful with diced tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions and garlic with a lemony, sesame dressing. The Tahini was our personal favorite of the two. For our entrees, I ordered the Lamb Tagine with Dates, whereas my husband ordered the Mediterranean Chicken Breast Platter they had on special. I would describe the Lamb Tagine as rich, warm, and filling. By contrast, the Chicken dish was light, flavorful, and filled with far more veggies. Both were excellent. I appreciated the order our food was served in. It seemed like our side salads and pita were very much like an appetizer. It made it seem like it was a better value, and we were happy with it. The manager even spoke with us, and actually brought out more pita for us to enjoy. He noted that I hadn't eaten much of my Lamb Tagine before I had received a box from my waitress. I had filled up too much on the salads and pita! The Tagine was delicious, and I thoroughly enjoyed what I couldn't finish as lunch the next day. I'm very happy with the service, food, atmosphere, and value here. We loved our experience, and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Ali Baba is owned and managed by a restaurateur that has been in the business in Morgantown for decades. His restaurants are always excellent and although he has moved his business several times, the locals always follow. The food is excellent - nice selection of middle eastern entrees and for lunch a nice buffet is offered.
There's an expression in the general aviation (GA) community about fly somewhere for "a $100 hamburger". This is an exception to that rule - many people fly to Morgantown to have lunch or dinner at Ali Baba because it is the 'exception' to that rule. Leave room for dessert - the baklava is great.
The ambiance is quiet but alive; the view out the window is often great if you are a GA enthusiast or pilot (planes you wished you could afford parked outside).

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I liked the place, staff were decent with great service, everyone acknowledges us, food was good. A little on the high end with price.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

The food is consistently delicious and the owner, Elias, is warm and welcoming. Always a good choice.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Funny location, we followed the signs and still had trouble finding this restaurant at the airport. It's upstairs... keep looking because it was worth the trouble. Good food, nice atmosphere and decor. Definitely recommend.