“"Sous VIde" styled pork chop and service unequalled”
Review of Bourbon Prime

Bourbon Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Bourbon Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 337 Restaurants in Morgantown
Price range: USD 6 - USD 34
Description: Foodies visiting the Morgantown Marriott will find full-service dining located within the hotel at Bourbon Prime, a new bourbon-inspired restaurant. Executive Chef Jeremy Bosley has created a “wild and wonderful” West Virginia experience by consistently offering a menu of locally sourced items, including prime cuts of beef, inventive artisanal cocktails, and fine craft beers. Bourbon Prime is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Bourbon Prime
I found this restaurant by checking out the Tripadvisor’s reviews for Morgantown WV.
I wasn’t to be disappointed. The staff know what they are doing and in Elise they have a staff member who does everything so well. As a European, we are sometimes overawed by the reaction of restaurant staff, but Elise had, in my opinion, the perfect balance.
On her recommendation I had the pork chop and a pinot noir to accompany it.
It was cooked to absolute perfection.
As a “foodie” I know how difficult it is to get pork just right. I discovered that the chef had used the “Sous Vide” method by sealing the chop in a bag and slowly cooked it in a bath of hot water and then finishing it on the pan. This is now going to be my own cooking method of choice when serving pork at home!!
With still wine to finish, I asked for something that was not on the menu and rarely seen in the US……a cheese board. Nothing was a bother to Elise who appeared back some minutes later with Carl, the chef who had prepared the pork, and in his hands one of the most comprehensive cheese boards I have ever had the good fortune to experience.
Heaven knows if I’ll ever get back to Morgantown, but if I do, I know where I going to have dinner; the Bourbon Prime.
The Marriott/Bourbon Prime should be proud of their staff and the restaurant experience they produce.

Date of visit: October 2017
Tom H, Manager at Bourbon Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your dining experience at the Bourbon Prime. I'm happy to hear that Elise and Carl were able to make your evening an "WOW" experience. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again if your travels bring you back to Morgantown. Cheers!!

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I dined here twice during my recent trip to Morgantown, and was blown away by both the excellent quality of the food and the attentive service I received from the host (Todd) and the management staff. I ordered the salmon entree (as I often do when I eat out), and was extremely impressed by the quality of this dish. The salmon was cooked perfectly (as it rarely is at most restaurants), including a slightly crisp finish with a subtle buttery sauce. The accompanying asparagus and fingerling potatoes were also wonderful - I finished every bite both times I ordered it. Even when the restaurant was very busy on a a Saturday night, Todd and the management staff seemed to keep an eye out to ensure I was taken care of when the wait staff may have been a little overwhelmed. While BP may not be the first choice if you are in a hurry, it is well worth the time if you are looking for an outstanding dining experience and appreciate a team approach to service. They use locally sourced ingredients, and the menu exhibits an upscale approach to regional favorites - everything tastes extremely fresh and delicious. I hope to have an opportunity to come again!

Date of visit: October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your dining experiences at the Bourbon Prime, we hope to be your first choice when you go out to dine. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Business meeting, but will return often with couples. Relaxed, yet professional atmosphere. Your choice of bars, absolutely great Country Roads Bourbon cocktail, Appetizers large enough to share with others."Pittsburgh Rare" Ribeye was done to perfection each visit.
Service in private dining room was rather slow, but all other times, service in the restaurant was exceptional. Nice place for mature, professional people to congregate. Parking in garage is ample, easy, valet or validated for you. Please do not be fooled by their location within a hotel.

Date of visit: October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at the Bourbon Prime, we value your feedback. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

This is the second time we dined at this restaurant. We cam back because of the positive experience we had a few months previous. We were a party of twelve, parents and students, who had attended the homecoming football game. The atmosphere was celebratory but not too loud, and warm and inviting. The manager (Todd?) was friendly and accommodating and had our table ready and waiting. Our waitress Elise managed our large party like a pro! She was attentive, kept track of who needed another drink or water refill and ensured that the meal moved along at a comfortable pace.The food was delicious and we all had a great meal. I would highly recommend this restaurant and we will definitely visit again.

Date of visit: October 2017
Tom H, Manager at Bourbon Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your second dining experience with us, I will pass along your comments to Todd and Elise regarding the services they provided you and your party. Hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I have been here several times and it is always great. Great appetizers, entrees and drinks! The pepperoni roll appetizer is amazing. Great new spot in Morgantown at Waterfront Hotel!

Date of visit: September 2017
Tom H, Manager at Bourbon Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Brittany,

Glad to hear you like our spin on the pepperoni roll, it was a pleasure to host you again at the Bourbon Prime, hope to see you again.