“Detroit style pizza”
Review of Lefty's Place

Lefty's Place
Ranked #122 of 338 Restaurants in Morgantown
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

The only Detroit style pizza in the area. Great selection of unique toppings. Try the Buffalo chicken boli. It is one of the best things I've every ate.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch after hearing a positive buzz about the food. It's a cozy place, kind of dark, but the only thing that mattered was the food. Even with the ice machine broken, I can't say anything negative about my experience. Great change from the normal $5 Pizza experience. Must have!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The pizzas aren't as big as those you get at the chains but it's delicious. One pizza is 4 slices of a deep dish style pie with the tasty tomato sauce on top instead of on the dough. They were advertising specials on Wednesday ($6.99 for pepperoni) and $8.99 on Thursday for a more loaded pizza. The lunch special is also a good way to try--$6.99 for slice, salad and drink. The atmosphere is more college town beer parlor than restaurant style.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I've been to Lefty's at least 10 times since it opened, and to say that it's great just isn't enough. The pizza is unique, the wings are huge "real" wings, and all of the flavors are great. Their pepperoni roll and pig in a blanket are both fantastic and great additions to the menu. I've had one bad experience out of 10, and I'll chalk that up to them being a new restaurant that wasn't used to being absolutely slammed, as they happened to be that night.

If you'll only be here once, I recommend the Notorious P.I.G pizza, and some of their Cajun dry rub wings. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank SchruteFarmsBeets
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

I read the review in the local newspaper, great write up. Having my granddaughter for the day, I thought we would try. Pulled up in front and called the number on window, kept getting fax machine, the reason I was calling was I had my granddaughter sleeping in back seat in car seat, so I was going to order and wait for it to be done before waking her up. Call 6 time all went to fax machine. So I left car door open and stepped 3 steps to front door. I grabbed one door and it was locked so I grabbed the other it opened, while inside the door opening I seen the place was empty, a guy behind the counter was walk to the front of the counter, I said are you phones working, because it keeps going to fax, his reply I quote " I'm here by myself and I can't do everything." I left and will not return. A new restaurant opens and gets write up in newspaper 3 days ago should be staffed for new customers, guess they do not need locals to survive. By the way it was 12:05 on Wednesday 3/8/17 so if owners want to know who treated customer this way he will know.

2  Thank sg107e
Management response:Responded 15 March 2017

Let me apologize that we were not able to provide you the high level of customer service that we set out to provide everyday.

The day you visited we had an employee with a medical emergency that could not make it to work, so I was the only person here for a few hours. When you stopped in I had two groups sitting in booths along the left wall that you could not see when you stepped inside the front door and shouted at me. I also had four takeout orders I was working on. Therefore, I did have trouble getting to the phone without sacrificing the quality of the orders I was preparing. I tried repeatedly to answer your six calls, but by the time I took off my gloves and made it to the phone there was no answer. Also, we do not have a fax machine.

When you shouted at me, my response to you was, "I am here by myself, and I am just not getting to everything." I apologize. I should have been more courteous.

From the day we opened the local community has been the foundation of our business, and we strive to be a great pizzeria for locals and travelers alike.

Amel Morris, Managing Partner