“Fun Experience Great Food”

Kobe Japanese Steak & Seafood House
Ranked #54 of 173 Restaurants in Martinsburg
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Kobe is a fun style, sometimes the food is okay other times it is great. This is great food experience. You will enjoy your meal. Plus it is very entertaining. A very short walk from the Holiday Inn.

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank Bob D

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We had not been there for a couple of years, so tried a Sunday afternoon dinner date. After waiting ten minutes to be seated, we were seated with a pleasant lady and her grandchildren. And we sat and sat. Eventually sometime took our drink order, and we all jumped at the chance to also place our dinner orders. We got our salads and then our soups pretty quickly. Everyone finished, still no chef. So again we waited. And waited. By now, more than half an hour has passed since we were seated - after waiting 10 minutes. Then a pleasant hostess type lady approached our table and tells us our chef will be with us “in a minimum” of 15 minutes. What we then realized was that the chef(s) had finally come out to the two tables that were patiently waiting when we arrived 45 minutes before. Having already burned that much time, we decided to not wait any longer and left frustrated. We probably should have realized something wasn’t right when the table they sat us beside had not even been cleared/cleaned. If I could give this place a zero for service, I would. We may go back someday, but certainly not for awhile.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Good meal!! I had Seafood Combo hibachi, husband had Filet Mingon and scallops. Both very tasty. They even made my meal without mushrooms, due to an allergy, and didn't make me uncomfortable about it at all. Chef was friendly and gave a good performance. Definitely plan to return in the future.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Picked Kobe for location and a nice business dinner. Service and meal was lackluster. We all know what to expect at this kind of venue. Definitely not worth the $$$ this time.

Date of visit: March 2017
2  Thank Cristie W
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I have given this novelty place many chances. They put on a show with VERY so-so cuisine at a 5 star price. They will take a reservation then bait and switch you. Their "service" is abysmal. I wouldn't go back if it were free in my front yard.

Date of visit: February 2017