“Grease soaked pizza & $13 half sub”
Review of Ledo Pizza

Ledo Pizza
Ranked #61 of 172 Restaurants in Martinsburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

When we pulled in, we noticed no one was there on a Thursday evening around 6pm and made a comment about oh no, but we had never had issues in the past.
Our waitress was quite attentive, and we placed our order. I think it was a med Ledo’s special
As the pizza had meat and vegetables on it. I ordered the 8in.steak and cheese with green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and banana peppers . The other one had cheddar cheese and not what i eat on a cheesesteak.
When the pizza was served it literally had a layer of red-tinted grease covering it. We lifted one short end on the pan and Niagara Falls of grease poured onto the table across the entire width. We set it down and called for the waitress. By the time she arrived it was swimming in grease again with the puddle still on the table. She commented about certain bakers putting too much lard in the crust...not this grease puddle!
When my sub arrived the bottom bun was flat as it was soaked with grease. I ate the top portion and we asked for the check....$18. How is that possible for 1soda & a $8.49 sub combo making it $10 something.
We had been charged $1 each for green peppers, mushrooms, onions, and a cup of banana peppers....never, ever have i seen charges for std cheesesteak toppings, excluding the banana peppers. If i had ordered the one with the cheddar cheese i would have gotten that upgrade with the 3 toppings for $0.50 more, $8.99.
Need less to say, the manager, so called by a name tag only, really didn’t see any issue other than the waitress should have just rang in the one with cheddar cheese and changed the cheese....no real explanation for serving grease-laden pizza!
So whatever you do, AVOID LEDO’S PIZZA in Martinsburg, WV!

1  Thank WVUfan88

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Maybe I’m spoiled from having some great pizza, but this place has the most different crust I’ve ever tasted. I might try other food they have but truly not the pizza again.

Ledo P, Manager at Ledo Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Sorry we missed an opportunity to impress you. Could you please let us know more about your experience on our website?

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Stopped in while traveling back home for lunch. Service was okay. They were steady. It seemed that they have been short staffed for waitresses. It took awhile for someone to come over and take our drink order. We tried a medium pizza with onions and sausage, garden salad. The pizza was pretty good. It could have used a little more sauce and more onions. It had plenty of sausage. We had enough pizza leftovers for dinner. The salad was very good. Overall a good experience. We do not get to eat at Ledo's that much because we do not have one where we live. The closest one is about 40 minutes away.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I ordered a sandwich and a salad today for lunch, I asked the server to bring the salad first and the sandwich afterwards.... very long wait until the salad arrived. Both are dumped at about the same time- Strike One! I begin to eat the sandwich - ordered it warm arrived luke warm at best.... within two bites I locate a long blonde hair. I have short gray hair. Strike Two!
I calmly ask inform the waitress of the problem and show her on a napkin and she immediately apologizes. I'm understanding of her situatuon - she didn't prepare the food. She asks me if I want new sandwich. I joking reply only if it is hair free. She reappears several minutes later and states " The manager looked at it and said it was a piece of cheese." I'm shocked that a server would question the obvious fact that she visually witnessed after speaking to her manager. Strike Three! I ask to speak with the manager. Several minutes pass and the manager arrives. She was in the kitchen the entire time I was at this location... Surprise ! She has the identical hair color as the one in my sandwich and she is not wearing a hair net. I wonder where that came from? I help her understand why it is bad policy to attempt to pawn off a manager responsibility on a waitress and lamely call a blond hair a piece of cheese. She halfheartedly apologized and I left and will not be returning. The food use to be good but a revolving door of managers and servers clearly states that major problems exist. I can only imagine what goes on in that kitchen.

2  Thank Martinsburg_WVWvguy
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch and I think they were understaffed. They came by to get our drink orders shortly after we sat down. When they came by to see if we were ready to order we needed a few minutes and that's when I think they forgot about us as we had to mention we had been sitting there for 15-20 min waiting for the server to come back to take our order. Otherwise the food was good as always.

Ledo P, Owner at Ledo Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thanks for the review! We apologize if our service was lack luster during your visit. We hope to see you again soon!