“Good place to stay while visiting the area”
Review of Heldreth Motel

Heldreth Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kingwood
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The rooms are adequate and very clean. Nice micro/fridge. We prefer to eat meals at Monroe's Restuarant located on Main Street...good location while attending the annual Buckwheat Festival.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jfscas
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thanks for staying with us! Hope to see you again for this years Buckwheat Festival.

There are newer reviews for Heldreth Motel

Reviewed 21 September 2010

I really can't say anything bad about the motel except that it is out of the way of everything and anything. After a 7 hour drive it was still another hour to get to the motel after getting off the highway. The scenery was nice especially from my room, my husband enjoyed looking at the stars. I want to thank the staff for holding on to a lost item...Honesty still abounds...Motel could use a few upgrades like some shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom but other than that it was a descent experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank KY_Brenda0904
Reviewed 29 May 2010

My field crew and I stayed here for one night and it will likely be the last time! Our secretary called ahead to reserve two rooms for one night. When we arrived at the motel, there was only one room reserved and they lost the credit card information given to them by our secretary. I held the rooms with my credit card under the promise that my card would not be billed and that they would call and get the credit card information the next day. It turned out that they just lost the credit card information and the morning guy that works the office found it. STILL, I checked my account a few days later and found that they had charged me anyway. FURTHER, they added an additional charge and claimed that they had mis-priced the room when we paid for it!!! Parking was not that great and the rooms were so-so. Based on my experience, I would definitely not recommend this hotel to a friend. I would recommend that the hotel managers/owners take a course in data management and organization.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank kaldinge
Reviewed 2 April 2009

My husband and relatives have stayed at the Heldreth for years, mainly because of the convenient location. We have attended many family reunions in Terra Alta, and most of us out-of-towners stay here. It's not the Ritz, that's for sure. However, it's close to everything, the rooms are old, but clean, and we've never had a problem with parking. The adjacent restaurant serves decent food, and altogether, it's an okay place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jxbigsis
Reviewed 5 August 2008

This was one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in. Could not park anywhere near my room because the parking lot was blocked. Then the person working the front desk said that the owners of the bar next to the motel would tow our truck if we parked in the wrong place. There was a sign for an ice machine but we never saw one. My daughter who is 6 drinks ice water every day so we had to drive to town to get ice for her. Couldn't hardly get in the front door the night we arrived for people gathered in front of the office doorway drinking. There was about 15 or 20 people. Management should not have allowed that. You best bring your shampoo and conditioner cause they do not have the complementary ones for you to use. The room was ok but the bathroom was gross. Mold and mildew all in the shower. Oh and the shower!!! I had hot water for about 5 minutes tops. My daugher and I showered in cold water. Never again will I stay there even if if were free. The rate and is way to high for the quality. I have been staying in motels for 9 yrs now off and on traveling and this is the 2nd worst one I have been in.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank BonBon72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingwood
25.8 km away
24.6 km away
Oakland Motel
Oakland Motel
#3 of 3 in Oakland

Been to Heldreth Motel? Share your experiences!