American Inn(Hurricane)
USD 133
USD 133
USD 121
USD 69
Sleep Inn & Suites(Cross Lanes)
USD 110
USD 106
Best Western Huntington Mall Inn(Barboursville)(Great Value!)
USD 93
USD 72
BestWestern.com
All reviewsred roofroom was cleanfront deskcoffee makerwater pressurekristywvdryermicrowaveclerklaurelinterstatecharlestontub
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

While doing business in the Huntington/Charleston area I spent three nights at this hotel. Access to the interstate is very good. A nice variety of restaurants to choose from nearby. The check-in experience was smooth and I genuinely felt welcomed. The room was clean and tidy.

The hotel claims to be 100% smoke free...however there was a distinct smell of musty cigarette residue once you walked in. Since the doors to the room are accessible from the outside, many guests decide to smoke right outside the room allowing smoke to be sucked into the window air units. I even saw one guest smoking outside his door with the door open.

The bed was comfy, nice flat panel tv, small fridge, microwave, and small desk space. Sink and vanity were outside in the main room. Bathroom was spacious and water pressure good. Toilet needed a little troubleshooting in order for it to turn off after flushing.

Each room has a safe which usage is initially charged to your bill and you must say you didn’t use it and request the charge be removed upon checkout.

There are many contractor type workers that stay at this hotel. They all have large trucks and bring a lot of mud along with them. I had no problem with them as far as noise or interactions, but they chose to park in places that were not spots or parked in handicapped spots.

Overall, mediocre stay. The price is great compared to other offerings, but I may just decide to front the extra amount in order to have a stay more suitable to what I would like to see.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for your review. I agree with you that we provide a clean, comfortable room at a fair price with friendly service. We do have exterior doors which can cause some of the issues you mention and we do our best to monitor these issues as well as maintain a safe environment for all of our guests. We have been very busy and parking can sometimes be an issue. Thanks for your business and if you want a no frills, but a great value, you may want to try us again.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Stayed one night on our way to Virginia. Nice basic room and perfect for a good nights sleep and early morning shower before getting back on the road. Room was clean. Very conveniently located just off I-64 and plenty of choices for dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree that we offer a clean, comfortable room at a fair price with friendly service and are ideal for a stop over on a longer trip. Thanks again for your business and I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through town.

Jon Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We stayed here while visiting family and it met our needs perfectly. The room was clean and modern with wood looking floor, a king sized bed, nice desk, refrigerator, microwave and a one cup at a time coffee maker. The staff was friendly and seemed to go out of their way to talk to us in passing while we were walking out dog...so nice! We found plenty of dining choices nearby and some shopping options very close. We will stay again on our next trip in a few months.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed staying with us. I think you would agree that we provide a clean, comfortable room at a fair price with friendly service. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip to town.

Jon Campbell

Reviewed 2 October 2017

This is probably one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed at. The bath tub was so clean I was amazed. Loved that the room was not totally carpeted. Getting checked in was super easy. It had outside doors and generally I am not a fan but the security for the doors was top notch. It was super quiet. It does not look like a great hotel but it is the best, would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you like our renovation with the combination of carpet and vinyl plank floors. I agree that we provide a clean, comfortable room at a fair price with friendly service. Thank for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip into town.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

For the price, this was a pretty nice place to stay right off of I-64 outside Charleston, WV. We weren't sure when we pulled up and went into the office, but the rooms were very clean and everything functioned properly. If you need a quick stop for a night, this was a pretty nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do agree that we are a great option for a quick stop for a night on a longer trip. We offer clean, comfortable rooms at a fair price with friendly service. Thanks again for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip through town.

Jon Campbell, General Manager