“Not good”

Fujiyama Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #36 of 98 Restaurants in Fairmont
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Phone: from new sign. Looks like they are ready to open. Hours: M-Th 11-10; Fr&S 11-10:30; Sunday 12-10 posted on front door. M-Th 11-10; F&S 11-10:30; Sunday 12-10
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

This place has gone down hill quickly. Been going there since it opened. Went about a month ago new wait staff lady put her fake nails in my soup and salad as she carried it to the table. I let it. Ask husband to bring me home sushi tonight he informs me they cheated him and put different veggies in the sushi roll than they were supposed to. He said they have been doing it for awhile. It’s not cheap to eat here. It’s a shame the workers and owners don’t care about the food. Praying I don’t get ill tonight.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Been going here for years. Normally very good and we usually drop around $100.00 or so with tip. Walked in tonight (7/10/18) and there was a wait staff I've never seen before. Seated ourselves in the sushi bar and there were kid's bikes, kid's clothes and dirty tables. No sushi chef and a seemingly VERY limited sushi bar selection based on what we could see. Ambiance sucked......instead of music there was a baseball game being played over the AV system, nothing on the TV's. Got up and left before we ordered. Not going back until I find out what's going on.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We were greeted immediately upon entering the restaurant. Our drink orders were taken quickly and filled promptly. We ordered the hibachi meals. My teak and shrimp was delicious (medium rare) and tender. The meal comes with an ample amount of rice (white or fried). The vegetables were also very good. I love the salad dressing and the soup is excellent. Service was excellent and our drinks refreshed in a timely manner. The restaurant closes between 3 and 4:30 pm. This is Japanese Steak House without the entertainment, which I personally like.

1  Thank MountainLover810
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I stopped in for some to go sushi. Maybe it is better if you sit down but it was just your average sushi. Although when I was asking for the waitresses opinion between two options she replied with “oh either. You already have two” in her defense I was being excessive and splurging. Lots of choices though. Eat in probably rather than take out.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

the only place around that does Japanese, its a little pricey but the sushi is fresh and you get large portions here. There Habachi meals are great.