“UNAMI ”

Fujiyama Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #35 of 98 Restaurants in Fairmont
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Phone: from new sign. Looks like they are ready to open. Hours: M-Th 11-10; Fr&S 11-10:30; Sunday 12-10 posted on front door. M-Th 11-10; F&S 11-10:30; Sunday 12-10
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Yummy food, wonderful sushi. Great fried rice. It is good food for large families, the staff will make it work out!

1  Thank Mattie K

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We go here with our sons in-laws and have never been disappointed. Booth or tables are available and they could handle a reasonable sized crowd. The waitresses are a little lacking in English, but we have never had any problems with our orders. The in-laws always ask for extra wasabi and ginger and they have always had their request fulfilled. We do look forward to returning there whenever we visit.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Arrived for a late lunch. Restaurant closes between 3 and 4 in the afternoon, which we didn't know before arriving. Menu seemed to include sushi with everything, which we really didn't want. My wife got the chicken teriyaki, I got steak teriyaki. Food tasted pretty good, but portions were quite small. We were never offered soft drink refills.
An employee's child riding a bicycle through the restaurant was a fitting ending for our meal. We won't be back, and I'd recommend you bypass this place, as well.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I've only eaten here once and don't plan to go back. I only ate here cause of a friend who insisted I would like it. The meal was expensive, yet very, very small! I left there feeling very hungry still! Not much on the menu to choose from and like I said, not much on the plate. The soup was ok...that was probably the only thing I did take a liking to eating.

1  Thank Rosie S
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

The sushi at Fujiyama is fabulous. The only catch is, you must eat it at the restaurant. Take out is never the same, but eating the sushi freshly made at the bar is delicious. I have not had a roll that I have not liked at Fujiyama. Eating it at the restaurant is key. Enjoy the sushi with friends or solo. The hot green tea is also a great addition to your meal.

The atmosphere is delightful and intriguing. Soft classical piano is always playing in the background. The waitresses tend to your every whim and will accompany even the pickiest of eaters of all ages!

The restaurant seems to be open all the time so there is always time to eat at Fujiyama. Birthdays, anniversaries, or just lunch during the work week--whatever it is, Fujiyama is the perfect place to grab a bite. There is also never a shortage of parking!