“Hidden gem”

Fujiyama Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #25 of 91 Restaurants in Fairmont
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Phone: from new sign. Looks like they are ready to open. Hours: M-Th 11-10; Fr&S 11-10:30; Sunday 12-10 posted on front door. M-Th 11-10; F&S 11-10:30; Sunday 12-10
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Food was excellent and lots of choices. The waitress could have been more attentive, as she didn't fill up our drinks, despite the fact that we were there for two hours. She was very snippy too, but I gave this a good rating, as the food was worth it.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I couldn't believe when I pulled in this parking lot only a couple cars I almost didn't go in and wow am I glad I did! Definitely one of my favorite places to eat food is fast and unbelievable!

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

It's not the best food I've had, but it was good. It's not your sit around the grill type of steakhouse. It's all booths and tables. I didn't care for the soup they bring with the meal. I usually do, but the soup at this place was pretty bad. Other than that everything was good.

Reviewed 19 November 2015

Selected one of the Hibachi seafood and steak dishes. Food was prepared quickly and arrived piping hot. The meal was very tasty and the server kept our beverage glasses full. Great choice for a mid-week meal.

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

We are visiting in Fairmont WV for a wedding and wanted to find a place to celebrate our 33 anniversary. It was really tough to tell from the reviews but this one had some decent ones and we weren't in the mood for Italian. Even in a nice blouse & leggings I felt way overdressed. Most people were in shorts,jeans, t-shirts. The atmosphere is casual, booths and small tables, there is a deck off the back that may have been nice if the weather had been better.
So we got the hibachi surf & turf, no appetizers since it came with so much and were glad we didn't. First was a clear broth soup with a couple of mushrooms and scallions served in a plastic bowl but had a nice taste. Next was an iceberg lettuce salad drenched in their dressing which was also tasty but was too much. But dinner was very good. We had our choice of fried rice or noodles, it came with lobster tail and very tender filet. Plus 2 shrimp. It was very good and we ended up bringing some back to the hotel for lunch.