“Tasty”

Fujiyama Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #36 of 98 Restaurants in Fairmont
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Phone: from new sign. Looks like they are ready to open. Hours: M-Th 11-10; Fr&S 11-10:30; Sunday 12-10 posted on front door. M-Th 11-10; F&S 11-10:30; Sunday 12-10
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Selected one of the Hibachi seafood and steak dishes. Food was prepared quickly and arrived piping hot. The meal was very tasty and the server kept our beverage glasses full. Great choice for a mid-week meal.

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

We are visiting in Fairmont WV for a wedding and wanted to find a place to celebrate our 33 anniversary. It was really tough to tell from the reviews but this one had some decent ones and we weren't in the mood for Italian. Even in a nice blouse & leggings I felt way overdressed. Most people were in shorts,jeans, t-shirts. The atmosphere is casual, booths and small tables, there is a deck off the back that may have been nice if the weather had been better.
So we got the hibachi surf & turf, no appetizers since it came with so much and were glad we didn't. First was a clear broth soup with a couple of mushrooms and scallions served in a plastic bowl but had a nice taste. Next was an iceberg lettuce salad drenched in their dressing which was also tasty but was too much. But dinner was very good. We had our choice of fried rice or noodles, it came with lobster tail and very tender filet. Plus 2 shrimp. It was very good and we ended up bringing some back to the hotel for lunch.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

Their food is great. I like that we don't have to do the "show" that most hibatchis offer. The portions are very large and the service pleasant.

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank Maradelia
Reviewed 26 March 2015

I've lived in Fairmont for a long, long time and it wasn't until recently that I discovered Fujiyama Japanese Steakhouse in Fairmont. It's kind of hidden away, up beside Food Lion. I was worried, at first, because I saw that they seat you at a regular booth, not what you'd expect for Hibachi. They prepare the food in the back (even hibachi), and bring it out to you. What surprised me, though, was that the food is even better than the Japanese steakhouses I've been to where they prepare it in front of you - and it comes out faster!

You still get the soup, the salad, rice or noodles, vegetables, etc - except that it's cooked to taste great, rather than for a show. I can handle that. I go to a restaurant for great food, a "show" is secondary. The plating for the hibachi dishes is great, with a cool little orange slice flourish and a shaped portion of rice. It's a shame this place is so hidden away, because if they were more well-known, they'd get a lot more business!

Date of visit: January 2015
2  Thank Dave L
Reviewed 10 January 2015

We were greeted upon arrival and show our seats. Drink and food orders were taken expeditiously. Our food arrived piping hot. Service was outstanding and the meal was delicious.

Date of visit: January 2015