All reviews waffles room was clean fast wifi cabled tv soft mattress sausage hot breakfast assistant manager decent breakfast would stay again fridge and microwave visit family gas station great price diner interstate coupon
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Very reasonable price, friendly, helpful, responsive service at desk and kitchen. Room has microwave and refrigerator and is clean and well kept up. Within walking distance of a family friendly 50’s retro diner.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018

This is the only Choice Hotel close to downtown Fairmont WV. Its priced accordingly but it's really showing its age. Hallway carpets are badly stained, my room door didn't close to lock unless I pulled on it hard (big time safety issue especially if you just close the door and leave the room, as it won't lock), pillows are crushed down from overuse, and sound proofing is lacking (sounds like elephants in room above). Front desk staff are friendly and they have a local newspaper (big draw for me!). Breakfast is only fair.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I've stop[ped here a few times and each experience has been good. I like the hot breakfast and you can't beat the rates. Easy off and on the Interstate and plenty of food options nearby. The staff has been quite helpful with requests and the bed was cmfortable.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The room we booked was bad. We arrived late in the evening tired and went into our room. The bathroom smelled terrible like sewer gas, and the fridge was missing the freezer part. I went down to desk and told the man he said all I can do is spray it . He said he had no more rooms. Then all of a sudden he had one on the second fllor and then said no I have one on the first floor. Ok so we went to the 1st floor and hauled all of our stuff. The people next door were drinking and fighting and the person above me stomp the floor all night long and the ceiling sounded like it was going to break from all the creaking it was doing. I told them that we would not ever come there again. The morning front desk lady did not seem the least bit supprised when I told her of ll these things. It was as if it was normal.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This Quality Inn is pretty much on par with the rest of the chain. Average ... nothing special but clean and comfortable.

We used our points from our Choice Privileges card and felt this room was a good deal at only 8000 points. The room and bathroom were fine. The fabric on the bench seat was very stained and yucky though and should be replaced and the desk chair was ridiculous because it had arms that were too high to allow it to be pushed up to the desk so the chair stuck way out in the room and if you weren't careful in the middle of the night, you would walk right into it. They need armless desk chairs!

Breakfast buffet was fine with a decent selection. It was about the same as you'd expect to find at other hotels in this chain.

There is a very nice 50's-style diner right next door that you can walk too. Great menu and good prices and the service there was exceptional!

Don't hesitate to stay here, just don't expect anything extra special.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple