“Always excellent”
Review of Rock City Cake

Rock City Cake
Ranked #6 of 9 Dessert in Charleston
Reviewed 19 August 2018

I've visited close to a dozen times to pick up sweets for parties. Every single visit is pleasant and their bakery items are high quality. They have got to be giving the hometown bakeries a run for their money and with good reason. How do I love Rock City? Let me count the ways...
1. Their facebook page is updated daily and shows customers their freshest offerings.
2. Their staff is 1000 times friendlier than other bakeries I used to frequent (I won't name names here but you can probably figure it out.) .
3. They are open to special orders, which is refreshing since I once tried to order a cake elsewhere and was told, "We don't make those." Even when I said, "Well, I was talking to the owner at a function last weekend and he said it could be done" I was met with a less-than-enthusiastic response, so to me, Rocky City is just what this city needed.
4. Even their day old items are delicious.
5. And the punch cards? Genius.
6. When I haven't been in to visit in awhile, the "We miss you!" email with a coupon is so very smart.
7. Upbeat, colorful decor and music

My only "eh" is that parking is sometimes difficult.
8. A few times, when I couldn't find parking, I called and gave my credit card number over the phone and the ladies actually ran the goods out to my vehicle. They are that good!!!! and friendly!!!!
9. Cream filled cookies
10. best long johns I've had
11. cupcake offerings

and I wish them continued success. They deserve it.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Everything they offer is fresh and very tasty. They are good at switching the menu up day to day and keeping the popular stuff in stock. It is kind of pricey though.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I love this place. They have decorated cookies, and peanut ball chocolate coated truffles, and cake balls and cream horn, and all kinds of elaborate decorated cupcakes. It is right on Capitol Street in downtown Charleston opposite the Lee Street Triangle. It is a Willy Wonka kind of place. They have lots of stock and are friendly and courteous as well.