Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV
USD 146
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 167/night.

USD 159
USD 133
USD 133
USD 151
USD 124
All reviewspremium roomhardwood floorsroom was cleanfridge and microwaveone night staymotelaliciarripetinterstatewvfixtureshousekeeper
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Checked in 11/21/17, first leg of Thanksgiving travel. First off, the non-smoking room (#236) smelled of smoke, there were multiple cigarette butts outside the door. As my wife was getting into the bed, noticed bedbug on pillow. I collected said bedbug and delivered to front desk, telling them we were not staying and wanted a refund of our $50..you truly get what you pay for. Booked elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose another property.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

I'm sorry to hear of your recent experience at our inn . As a non-smoker myself, I understand the unpleasantness of cigarette smoke. I will look into the issue and have the room purified.

Bed bugs are a nuisance plaguing the hospitality industry. They are not an indication of sanitary negligence. Bed bugs can make their home in 1-5 star hotels, theaters, nursing homes and hospitals, and are hitchhikers that many travelers carry with them unknowingly.

We have a proactive plan in place to regularly screen our rooms for the presence of bed bugs. In this instance, it looks like they were missed by housekeeping after being introduced by the previous guest. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

They were very hospitable and kind people.
I really liked the room I have no complaints whatsoever. I ever come back to Charleston I would stay here again.
It’s very easy to get to and centerally located.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our southern hospitality and found that the room was a great value. We hope you will visit us again. Charleston has lots to offer throughout the year.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Not very clean. The biggest problem was having only one bath towel and not seeing it until morning. The women at the desk were very nice. The room was small with a good bed and TV. The price was great.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry we did not do a very good job at cleaning your room. I understand the inconvenience of not having enough terry when taking a bath. We are continually working to improve. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I had stayed at this motel 5 or 6 times over the past few years with no problems. It had been about 2 years since my last stay. We stayed on 8-24-17, and it was a nightmare...see pictures. The pillow cases were stained, the bed cover had stains, and there was mold over most of the bathroom ceiling. At 68.00 a night, it was about 60.00 overpriced. We had been driving all day, and this was the only place around. We couldn't even take a shower because there were little black hairs in the tub and the tub bottom was stained black. I am not sure what has happened here in the last couple of years, but it is assured I will NEVER go back. We stayed in room 229.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha T
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent review. I'm very sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience. We have had some housekeeping turnover and have been working to remedy such problems. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in our area and need lodging. You are welcome to contact me so I can make it right.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here only because we were tired and couldn't make it to our destination until the next day. Room had no towels. Floor was dirty, there were cereal pieces on the floor. Area was sketchy. We tried to sleep a few hours and then left as fast as we could. Would not recommend this place!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience. We value feedback and like to know what we are doing right and what we need to improve. I'm very sorry your room did not meet your expectations. As you can see from some past reviews, this is not common. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.