USD 168
USD 123
USD 120
Hampton.com
USD 96
Budget Host Inn Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
USD 63
USD 151
Fairfield Inn
All reviewspremium roomhardwood floorsroom was cleanbob evansfridge and microwaveone night staymotelaliciarripetihopinterstatewvfixtureshousekeeper
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I had stayed at this motel 5 or 6 times over the past few years with no problems. It had been about 2 years since my last stay. We stayed on 8-24-17, and it was a nightmare...see pictures. The pillow cases were stained, the bed cover had stains, and there was mold over most of the bathroom ceiling. At 68.00 a night, it was about 60.00 overpriced. We had been driving all day, and this was the only place around. We couldn't even take a shower because there were little black hairs in the tub and the tub bottom was stained black. I am not sure what has happened here in the last couple of years, but it is assured I will NEVER go back. We stayed in room 229.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha T
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent review. I'm very sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience. We have had some housekeeping turnover and have been working to remedy such problems. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in our area and need lodging. You are welcome to contact me so I can make it right.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here only because we were tired and couldn't make it to our destination until the next day. Room had no towels. Floor was dirty, there were cereal pieces on the floor. Area was sketchy. We tried to sleep a few hours and then left as fast as we could. Would not recommend this place!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience. We value feedback and like to know what we are doing right and what we need to improve. I'm very sorry your room did not meet your expectations. As you can see from some past reviews, this is not common. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

This place is horrible. Absolutely bad. I really needed to lay down after traveling all day and stopping at 11:30PM. The bedding stank. My wife stated it felt like she was being bit by something. It is just a bad hotel and gives Red Roof Inns a bad name. Keep driving to another location to sleep, it will be worth the extra time. No toilet paper in the bathroom either, had to go back to the check in desk to get that. Very poor hotel.

Room Tip: DON'T get a room here !
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I'm very sorry you had a poor experience. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This is by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in!!!! We usually stay in red roof inn's everywhere we go but this one is awful! It costs more than the others we have stayed in and doesn't even have breakfast!

It is in the absolute ghetto so much that the abandoned building next door has homeless people sleeping on its sidewalk.

The room smells terrible! The floors are so greasy I don't even want to think about why! The blankets, sheets and towels are stained! To top it all off I got bit by something in the middle of the night.

Truthfully we should have checked out and gone elsewhere but we were too exhausted to move after a day of traveling. Can't wait to get back home and sleep in my own bed after such an awful night!

P.S. If I could give negative stars I would!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. The strip mall next door is currently under renovations to open as a Family Dollar in the fall. I would like to make it right if you contact me. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We had planned to stop in Charleston on our way to Tennessee and made an online reservation. We paid for the room when the reservation was made. When we arrived a room was reserved, but we were charged again and at a higher price than we previously paid. My husband was told the charge was a hold, but we ended up being charged 2x for the room. After leaving several messages over the next few days for the manager, Dale, the charge was removed, but Dale never returned our call explained why were double charged. Hotel is located close to the highway and rooms were clean. Mini fridge and microwave in the room, and plenty of outlets for charging all your devices.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank candyjane11

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the room was clean and you had plenty of places to charge your gadgets.

I don't recall this exact incident, and I apologize if I did not return a call. It sounds like an incidental card was charged in error.

I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town.