“GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !”

Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 22 August 2017

This place is horrible. Absolutely bad. I really needed to lay down after traveling all day and stopping at 11:30PM. The bedding stank. My wife stated it felt like she was being bit by something. It is just a bad hotel and gives Red Roof Inns a bad name. Keep driving to another location to sleep, it will be worth the extra time. No toilet paper in the bathroom either, had to go back to the check in desk to get that. Very poor hotel.

Room Tip: DON'T get a room here !
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I'm very sorry you had a poor experience. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This is by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in!!!! We usually stay in red roof inn's everywhere we go but this one is awful! It costs more than the others we have stayed in and doesn't even have breakfast!

It is in the absolute ghetto so much that the abandoned building next door has homeless people sleeping on its sidewalk.

The room smells terrible! The floors are so greasy I don't even want to think about why! The blankets, sheets and towels are stained! To top it all off I got bit by something in the middle of the night.

Truthfully we should have checked out and gone elsewhere but we were too exhausted to move after a day of traveling. Can't wait to get back home and sleep in my own bed after such an awful night!

P.S. If I could give negative stars I would!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. The strip mall next door is currently under renovations to open as a Family Dollar in the fall. I would like to make it right if you contact me. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We had planned to stop in Charleston on our way to Tennessee and made an online reservation. We paid for the room when the reservation was made. When we arrived a room was reserved, but we were charged again and at a higher price than we previously paid. My husband was told the charge was a hold, but we ended up being charged 2x for the room. After leaving several messages over the next few days for the manager, Dale, the charge was removed, but Dale never returned our call explained why were double charged. Hotel is located close to the highway and rooms were clean. Mini fridge and microwave in the room, and plenty of outlets for charging all your devices.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank candyjane11

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the room was clean and you had plenty of places to charge your gadgets.

I don't recall this exact incident, and I apologize if I did not return a call. It sounds like an incidental card was charged in error.

I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed here on our way to visit family. We had gone on a side trip to sight-see earlier in the day. This hotel was very clean. The bathroom sparkled. I thought the idea of hard flooring in most of the room was smart, I never thought having carpet in a "pet friendly" room was good. We were pleased with the price. We had a king-sized bed, wonderful bathroom, and television to watch the weather and news. All we needed. We plan on using Red Roof from now on.

Stayed: August 2017
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Many pet-lovers share your enthusiasm for our wood-like floors. I'm glad we are your hotel brand of choice when traveling. You may want to sign up for our RediCard program which offers many benefits to even the most causal traveler.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We were passing through and needed a room for the night. We didn't want to pay much as it was only to sleep. 77.00 got us a king bed, and a clean room. It was not fancy, but was sufficient to meet our needs.

Room Tip: no elevator choose first floor if climbing stairs would be a issue.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our goal is every guest finds a clean room and a friendly smile every time. I'm glad we were able to meet that goal. With free wi-fi, free long distance, and pet friendly, we believe we are a great value for the passing traveler. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in town.