“Beautiful Night”

Theater West Virginia
Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Beckley
More attraction details
Owner description: Outdoor dramas. Mid June through late August. Nightly except Mondays.
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Hadn't been in years...or maybe decades. It was a beautiful night. Saw Hatfields and McCoys. Loved the singing, dancing, and the story. The acting was good. There was a couple modern dance numbers that were a little bizarre and could've been cut. Also, the narrators when on a little bit. Overall, had a great time. The weather was perfect. A giant moon came up over the set. Some birds flew over. Enjoyed some snacks at intermission. Didn't need the rain jacket I brought. The blanket came in handy at the end to cover our legs. Didn't need to use it for a seat cushion because I felt the seats were plenty comfortable. I highly recommend, if you've never been. Would like to bring our daughters, next time when they're not away at camp.

1  Thank OldRoyalGirl
"jacket"
"picnic"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

I have been to this amphitheatre over 20 times in a 40 year time span and I've never been disappointed. I have been enthralled with "Honey in the Rock" and "Hatfields & McCoys". Honey is a drama about the founding of the state of WV, and H&M is a play about the famous feud. The sets of both plays are fantastic, and the acting, dancing, and singing are top notch. This is a great way to spend an evening.

1  Thank Phillip D
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Theater West Virginia has a long standing history of providing quality entertainment. Shows vary throughout the season but the ole standbys of Honey and the Rock and The Hatfields and McCoys are definitely worth seeing.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

This is a wonderful thing to take your family too. Nice to sit outside and just be with your family while seeing a great attraction

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I have wanted to go check out the outdoor theater for years, but I have never had any luck convincing my husband to drive over an hour away and paying $19 per ticket. So when we received complimentary tickets and were going to be about 20 minutes away from that area any way he lost the arguement! FINALLY, And let me tell you we were all floored at what a spectacular show they put on! We watched the HATFIELDS AND MCCOYS and there was never a dull moment. Wayy better than watching a movie at a indoor theater. My daughter enjoyed being outside at night under the stars tremendously, but the true test was my husbands opinion. He could not stop talking about it all the way home and told everybody we saw over the next few days how it was totally worth the drive and the $19 he would gladly pay to watch a show that good! And he plans to go back and watch it a second time and he NEVER does that with any old indoor movie!! So yes we plan to go back to see the other shows in the future as well!! The seats were just a tad tight for us but not horrible and I did see some people up top with chairs so I'm sure they accommodate any needs you may have. We asked for a end seat and she had no problem giving us that. Everybody was very friendly and the park is gorgeous I look forward to going back and exploring the whole park and maybe watching Ring Of Fire music of Johnny Cash or Honey in the Rock! SCORE!! Is my final word for this place!!

1  Thank faithwalker76