“Gettin your pennies-worth here”

Famous Burger & Teriyaki Sandwich
Ranked #11 of 287 Restaurants in Yakima
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is my new favorite place in town! Great selection of food. Great tasting. VERY plentiful. Friendly service. Love it! The only draw-back is that it's so good they are quite busy at peak times and the establishment is on the smaller side. That still works for me though since I get mine to go. Went in a couple of weeks ago for a burger and was given a sample of their Pad Thai. Changed up my mind real quick! And there was so much that it made 4 meals. A definite must try!

1  Thank Wendy G

Reviewed 15 June 2017

This family owned restaurant is very good and has been for years. The food is very good and the portions are large. It can be a bit spicy but they ask you about it in advance so it's up to you

1  Thank Larry739
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

When we arrived we were offered a taste of their Pad Thai. I became the first person to ever order it- how lucky am I ??!! It was fabulous and truly enough to feed at least 4 people. I am not exaggerating. Chicken, shrimp, tofu, everything was fantastic. My partner ordered a cheeseburger and while that was great- the fries were really good.

The service and spirit are a welcome respite from the crazy world right now. These people just want to make you happy with their food.

We will return!

1  Thank Debra S
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

This is a small restaurant, really more of a diner-type place. You order at the counter. I assume it was the owner who kept coming around to see if we enjoyed the food. The portion sizes!!! Seriously, I was able to get three meals out of one order of chicken teriyaki. The tables have bottles of the sauce, which was a bit thinner than usual, but delicious. This is a must if you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We were in Yakima for a meeting and stumbled upon this spot because it was close to where we were - what a treat! This is one of those classic spots you might see on shows like "Diner, Dives & Drive-ins" - really unique, one of a kind restaurant with wonderful food, lots of personality and character. Definitely check it out! Varied menu too, so don't assume it's just a burger joint. And service was excellent; owner will explain the whole menu to you and won't steer you wrong. Everyone, customers included, seemed to be having a good time. We'll be back next time in Yakima!!

Been to Famous Burger & Teriyaki Sandwich? Share your experiences!