“Average Motel 6 Experience”
Review of Budget Inn Yakima

Budget Inn Yakima
Budget Inn Yakima
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Mercer Island, Washington
“Average Motel 6 Experience”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This was a good way station for the evening. Nothing fancy but then again not expected.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I travel a ton for work and in bad economic times I like to keep my expense reports low...thus I try to stick with basics as far as hotels go and Motel 6 is USUALLY a good choice. Not this one. The check in process was easy and when I got to the room...I was ready to just go to sleep as it was super late. I layed in the bed and it literally sunk in. It was like out of a cartoon. Needless to say...I just decided to go to sleep as I had been travelling all day and was exhausted. I woke up and saw my surroundings. This is in a really really shady part of town. Had it been in full daylight...I would have never stayed there. My advise is to drive up one more exit. Good range of hotels in a much safer area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We got a small room with ditto bed, but then again, for 50 dollar one can't expect too much. I didn't notice any unsafe circumstances on the parking lot, like other reviewers, but I also don't have the habit of watching out of my motel window. Things should be fine if you don't leave any valuables noticeable in your car (something you shouldn't ever do anyway), lock it and things should be just fine.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Clean, no problems. A bit dodgy, we brought *everything* in and didn't leave the room for long. Overheard a phone conversation about fencing stolen goods at the neighboring bar. Saw a patrol car crusing the lot.
Loud train at 4 am, and every other noise transmits as well. Can feel the bed springs. Small.
But, whattaya want for $50? There's hot water and air temperature control and TV and Internet and no bugs.

• Stayed October 2011
Tahoe City, California
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Going to a family wedding and needed an inexpensive place for one night. We arrived in the evening with several family members. Yikes! To say bad part of town would be an understatement. Grounds and rooms were not well kept, understatement. There was a fight in the parking lot and several police were called to the scene.There was a guy sitting in his car with a blank stare He was parked in front of my brother's room in the middle of the night with his engine running for about an hour. I will say the place was busy with people coming and going from of many of the rooms, not sure what that was about but I have my suspicions... Fortunately my family has a good sense of humor, we could only laugh at the circumstances we found ourselves in. I have stayed at several Motel 6s when I just need a clean affordable place to sleep before hitting the road again. Most have been bare bones but clean. In the Yakima Motel 6 everything was bare even the customers. Clean NO! I wonder if they rent by the hour???

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family