“For local cuisine, perfection”

The Herbfarm Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Woodinville
Price range: USD 189 - USD 245
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Herbfarm is America's only 5-Diamond Restaurant north of Napa Valley and east of Chicago. With working farm and restaurant 20 minutes from Seattle, the restaurant offers 26 different 9 course dinner menus each year.Creed: The Herbfarm believes that no dish can be better than its ingredients, and that the best ingredients are usually local. Freshness is ephemeral, and geography expresses itself in the taste of the food--sometimes subtly and sometimes profoundly. The foods and wines of our region share a similar motherhood of soil and weather, making for a happier culinary marriage than those from dissimilar climates. The Herbfarm believes that chefs who cook with local ingredients--season by season, year after year--develop a more complete understanding of the foods than chefs who do not. This understanding can give rise to greater expressions of the food, its preparation, and enjoyment. The Herbfarm believes that supporting local farmers, foragers, cheesemakers, wineries, ranches, and fishermen helps preserve local foods.
Reviewed 6 October 2018

There is no better restaurant to experience local northwest farm to table cuisine. There is a rotating theme menu so pick the one which interests you the most. There is no a la carte or menu - everyone gets served the same themed meal. Dinner will last approximately 3 to 4 hours with a single seating. The atmosphere is intimate but not fancy. Generally, there will be 8 to 10 courses served. And the wine pairing is exceptional value in my opinion (as is the food compared to equivalent service and quality of other restaurants). You should expect to pay approx $300/person with pairings.

My wife will usually do the botanical pairing. And those are quite good as well.

The chefs will discuss how they gathered and prepared the dishes. If you have been to Lazy Bear in San Francisco, it is similar (although I think that Lazy Bear copied the Herbfarm format - I should add that I find the food is better at Herbfarm than Lazy Bear as well).

Overall the Herbfarm is in our top5 restaurant list. We eat here at least 4 times/year. And I strongly recommend visiting for a truly local experience.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Fantastic, a once in a lifetime opportunity. A must on every foodie’s bucket list. Service, decor, performance, and, of course, the food quality - above 5 stars.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We ate here last evening and had a wonderful experience in terms of food, drink, hospitality and atmosphere. From the moment we walked in the door the service was outstanding. The herb garden tour was a great touch and gave you a sense of their beginnings, their belief in utilizing local products and their philosophy in providing a wonderful experience. While the food may not have been the best I have ever had it was quite tasty. The wine pairings were spot on and they were generous with their pours. We very much appreciated the European style seating as our table mates were fun, friendly and only added to an already fantastic evening. I would highly recommend dining here and will definitely be coming back in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I dined here in July- the menu was 9 Songs of Summer. I will start out by saying that I have eaten a several of the top restaurants in the county and this is billed as one of them. I would certainly disagree with that categorization. The 35-45 minute explanation of the history, staff, and each dish was over the top, lengthy, and unnecessary. The dishes served were mediocre and nothing stood out. I did expect there to be more herbs and vegetables as we were at a farm- but no. The wine pairings were good though. We ended up not eating the last 2 dessert bites as they were not good. We left the dinner hungry and actually stopped at 13 coins. This dinner was over $600! I will never return or recommend this restaurant.

carrievandyck, Owner at The Herbfarm Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Jessicaadd30, I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your experience at The Herbfarm. I wish you had let us know directly so we could fix it for you. Please feel free to reach out to me. I am here, in the office most days.Thank you.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

This was a splurge that delighted. Impeccable service, ambience, food and beverages--in my mind, worth every penny. Due to the set menu this is not the place to bring a picky eater (of course I'll eat the geoduck, thanks very much!) or someone who isn't willing to make a full evening out of nine courses of dinner. But if you enjoy adventure and quality as I do, reserve away. And be sure to arrive early so that you can tour the herb gardens and be informed about some of the night's ingredients as well as the establishment's history.