Review Highlights
Horseback Riding at its Finest!

Reviewed 15 August 2017
cubufffan1984
Wenatchee, Washington
via mobile
Amazing views on our ride.

Reviewed 10 August 2017
Janis L

All reviews horse ride experienced riders group ride beautiful area methow valley wranglers horses trail scenery beginners folks
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this horseback riding experience. From the friendly, knowledgeable & helpful wranglers to the gentle, well-trained horses to the scenery. Everything was perfect! 'Red' who runs the operation is delightful & makes everyone feel right at home. Definitely 'cowboy up' to this stable, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We did a trail ride with Tanner, and she was a great guide. She knew a lot about the area and the things I kept pointing too. Our horses were very well behaved and negotiated the windy trail up to the top of a low mountain range without issue and back down again. The views were spectacular. We have horses at home, and it made me realize what horses can do, and what I don't make mine do. There were 4 of us and we did the private ride which for us was worth it. We did a little trot and canter, but our goal was to see the views from above, and we got to do that. Tanner took our picture with her phone as we forgot ours. So, she has a picture of all of us.....so funny - we forgot to give her our info to send it to.. We were okay with that as it was just the lovely outdoor experience on horses better than our own. My horses at home spook and can do a twirl that drives me crazy, but the horses at Sun Mountain do nothing wrong. They are very well trained, and Dan was even comfy. I highly recommend going on the 2 hour private ride up to the tall mountainous areas with the amazing views.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

JD Outfitters was so efficient, concerned with safety, professional, kind, personable...I don't think I can begin to tell you how wonderful they were. The Evening ride to the Homestead for the cook out was the highlight of our trip. The Half day ride was enjoyed by my 11 year old daughter, myself, and my 65 year old mother. Great for all ages. The owners and workers are so well trained and are there for more than just a job; they truly cared about us, the horses, and the country. Best Trip EVER.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We have horses of our own but really wanted to experience a ride in the Methow Valley. We shared that we were experienced horse folks and were able to tailor our ride to what we wanted. Our guide, Katie, was great. She was very personable and just did an overall great job guiding us around.

I would absolutely recommend this place for experienced riders and those with no experience. I listened in on the "orientation" before a group ride and was impressed with the information provided and the attitude of the guides.

I was also satisfied with the care of the horses. Everyone was healthy and obviously loved.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

The people and the horses here are the best. Its a great location also. Lots of trails to ride on by Beaver Pond or up in the higher hills. This ride is great for beginners and advanced riders. Its a beautiful area.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

We went on the trail ride to the Cowboy Dinner. I rate this event as a MUST DO if you are there during that time of year, hey, if there is snow, do the sleigh ride. You can't beat it!

1  Thank Gail-Waly
Reviewed 19 October 2016

All the horses were very friendly and easy to work with. The wranglers are the best and the owner Red is the best! The trails are in the mountains and give you fantastic views so bring a small camera to catch them. I wore a hat and sun glasses and riding boots. You have choices in how long you want to ride, I liked two hours personally. If you want a dinner family experience, the ride to the homestead for dinner is awesome.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We arrived at the stables and it was busy but organised. All the horses ready to go. Loved borrowing cowboy boots! Horses are lovely and very easy to ride. Guide was knowledgeable and nice to talk to. My 7 year old daughter was on a big horse who treated her so well. It was a beautiful ride and we saw lakes, mountains and chipmunks! Highly recommended .

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

My two teenage daughters (17 and 13) went for the hour and a half long trail ride here in July. The location of the property is in a beautiful area with many views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The staff was incredibly helpful in assisting everyone with getting the best horse for each person and showing them the ropes.The horses were very sweet as well. The only complaint my 13-year-old had was that she could not trot with the horse, which was probably due to young inexperienced riders in the group. Otherwise, this was a beautiful place and a beautiful ride. Their pricing was also very reasonable. And, the stables are part of an entire resort and beautiful lodge that has all of the amenities you could want.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Riding with Debbie at the Sun Mountain Stables is not to be missed for this family! We've done trail rides each year we've visited Winthrop. When we have had a child too young for a group ride we've done a private ride. Private rides are available for more experienced riders too. This year rather than our usual morning ride we tried the Cowboy Dinner. In addition to Debbie and her wrangler's professional welcome and capable leadership on the trail ride, we all enjoyed a very memorable dinner with good cowboy food and campfire music sung by a professional cowboy vocalist and even s'mores! In addition to steak, chicken and hotdogs, moist cornbread and amazing baked beans were served, followed by peach cobbler and vegan chocolate cake. The Sun Mountain area is breaktakingly beautiful and seeing it in the evening, rather than the morning, was a rewarding perspective too.