All reviewsliving roomhot tubindoor poollarge lawnonly stayed one nightclose to towndesk clerkwe've stayedfull kitchencoffee makersmall kitchenettea great stayspent two nightsthe room was niceprivate deckbottom floorlabor day
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here during the week Wed-Thurs to get some last minute hiking in before my kids started school and we had a blast! The staff were all friendly and happily smiled and waved at my busy little 2 year old son. I had an especially pleasant first impression with the man at the front desk when I checked it, he was sweet enough to offer to keep an eye on my kids playing in the lawn while I grabbed our stuff out of the car (very much appreciated assistance when you're traveling alone with your kids) when I finished and was ready to get the kids to our room my 2 year old didn't want to leave the water gun behind, so the man said he could take it (my son slept with that water gun the two nights we were there haha!) My 9 year old daughter loved the hammocks and it was safe and convenient to have them run out the back door into a grassy lawn with swings and water guns to entertain them. The pool is very clean and tidy, with lights strung on the rafters overhead at night making it cozy and nice to look at. The kitchenette was stocked with plates, bowls, cups, silverware, dish soap and sponge making eating in a breeze. The coffee was excellent and I liked that they had a real coffee maker (not Keurig) because I like to make my coffee strong! We saw deer on the premises driving in at dusk and I enjoyed laying in the reclining chairs at night outside on the patio and having a drink after the kiddos went to bed. This is our new "spot" next time we come to Winthrop, nothing bad to say.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Great place located on the river: perfect for families with kids. Very close to all attractions in Winthrop and they offer tubing on the river. It is $25 per person + tax. They will provide you with shoes and safety vest and they will pick you up in the shuttle to get you back to your car.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We spent two nights at the River Run in a cabin on the river. The resort is peaceful and has a River view, large lawn, volleyball court, hammocks, indoor pool, and a river rafting/floating business right there. With dogs everywhere, it is obviously dog friendly. Our cabin had a kitchen area reasonably well equipped [it only lacked a stove but had a toaster, fridge, oven, large electric dutch oven/crock pot and a grill right outside which all made eating in easy and possible.. The quiet and solitude of the area, the ability to walk into town and across the street to the winery would have been advantageous if we hadn't been there during the recent episode of poor/hazardous air from the Canadian fires.
We were taken aback by the sheer number of flies in the place upon our arrival--but the fly swatter and some bug spray took care of that! My only suggestion for improvement [because we were three women travelling together and each needed a bed] was that it really is past time to replace both the couch/futon bed and the chair bed--neither provided a particularly comfortable sleeping surface. The chair cushions were especially compressed down to hard with no cushion....Still and all, it was a tranquil and relaxing two nights in a very quaint town. The air conditioning was great and being able to spread out into a living/dining room is always welcome.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

This was our 2nd stay and we love it here! The cabins are cozy with a complete kitchen and we cooked for ourselves the 1st trip. The room in the Inn was equally inviting this stay and we had a great balcony to see the river and enjoy the shooting stars at night. We also enjoyed floating the river right from the Inn. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Arrived quite late at night, it was dark and the outside of the cabin was not very promising. That was until we got inside and turned the lights on. We found a charming and warm cabin with all the kitchen appliances you might need for a short or even long stay. Living room, dining room, cozy bedroom, nice bathroom with an abundance of sheets and towels, and when the sun came up we saw that the grounds in back were great with a running river right next to us. A short drive to the center of Winthrop. Recommended.

Room Tip: Take a cabin. We stayed in A - Recommended.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple