“Good food, bad attitude”
Review of Cafe Columbia

Cafe Columbia
Ranked #4 of 7 Quick Bites in Wenatchee
Price range: USD 2 - USD 12
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We offer full espresso bar service featuring locally roasted Blue Star coffee, fresh, market baked croissants, pastries, desserts and scones. Linger over an award winning espresso on our river view patio or take in the sights and sounds of the indoor market from our comfortable cafe seating. Breakfast and Lunch Sandwiches and Salads served daily.
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Went to Pybus Market for first time to have coffee and breakfast at the Pybus Bistro, but they aren't open until 11:30. Alas, Cafe Columbia is next door and wife and I will go there instead. Oh, they have lox special... perfect, I'm thinking. "Sorry, kitchen doesn't open until 9:00". "Alright, we'll have coffee and (microwave) quiche... free refills on the coffee I ask?" "Yes", is her response.

Coffee served in paper cups even though we're eating there seemed strange enough, but when wife gets me a refill, no problem; when I get a refill on the way out, I get attitude. "There is only one free refill!" yells the first waitress as a second waitress/cook hands me the coffee. I am taken aback by the response, not only that she tracks the first refill to me by the fact that she apparently watched my wife put cream in the coffee before she brings it back to the table, but by the fact that ms. coffee cop isn't tracking two coffees two refills. After I say "keep it then" second waitress/cook says "let's just let is go this time". I am tempted to say to coffee cop "why don't you just use this in your next coffee enema?", but I just take the coffee and walk off.

Oh, one star for food and one star for coffee. -3 stars for attitude. Now after this long drawn out story about the anal retentive coffee cop, do you think I will EVER be back? Stay tuned...

Date of visit: June 2018
rodrigjd, Owner at Cafe Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Roger,

I apologize that your experience at our cafe wasn’t as expected. I spoke with everyone involved in your visit and have communicated the following: Our policy regarding refills is 1 per visit but it is certainly not set in stone .. customer experience is paramount. The policy is in place for a reason but it’s only to be followed strictly when the offering is being abused. Not the case in your visit. Our bakery manager refilled your cup whilst our barista reminded her of the policy. That was unnecessary and my understanding is that the cup was filled and our manager tried to make it right. Regarding paper cups .. the majority of our customers prefer paper cups as they usually take their remaining coffee with them after having a bite. We have ceramic cups for customers and would have certainly served your drink in one had we known it was your preference.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

My husband stopped for lunch at the Mall for lunch. We had the Smoked Salmon Chowder and an Italian type sandwich. Very good. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Love the atmosphere of the mall with all the small shops, food venues and artisans. We stopped here before on one of our trips and will certainly make this a stop again in the future.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

The Columbia Cafe, located inside Pybus Market, is a great place to meet for coffee or grab a bite to eat. My personal fav is the toasted bagel with lox ($7). Yum! In the summer, linger with friends over iced tea on the deck out back with a view of the mighty Columbua River. Heaven!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank 2017love2travel2017
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My go to place for coffee meetings. Great parking on the river at Pybus Market. The staff is great, lattes are wonderful, not too bitter like some lattes. They have excellent pastry chefs. Haven’t tried other menu items but I will! Good prices. Fun to wander around the market after.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank 44joanne
40CR, Owner at Cafe Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind review and look forward to your next visit! Our team strives to provide the best customer service, espresso, bakery selection and breakfast/lunch options.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We had a quick lunch here. It is in the nice, but small, market. I had a Columbia salad, which was awesome. My husband had a sandwich which he also really enjoyed. We like water, and there is a water bottle where you can use a reusable glass (it was nice to see as very few places in Wenatchee seem to recycle) and the water was the best I've ever had. I highly recommend this market and cafe.

Date of visit: October 2017
40CR, Owner at Cafe Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Hi. Thanks for stopping by Cafe Columbia for a visit. We love the setting of the market on the water too! So glad you enjoyed your meal with us.