“Open and honest”

Ranked #9 of 146 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: First opened in 1931, The Windmill has earned an international reputation for excellent Western American food and devoted staff. The rustic and cozy interior invites the visitor to a unique social and dining experience, attended by a highly professional service staff. Slow roasted prime rib, highest quality hand cut grain fed steaks and fresh seafood are the mainstay of this landmark restaurant. Old fashioned, home made apple pie, marionberry and cream pies are made daily at the restaurant. An excellent selection of regional wines and beers are available.
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

To start off it is a small place. Very homey old school with a new school twist. Becky, our server, was great. She has been there for many years and it is definitely her house. 5 of us food ranging from salads to steaks to pasta. I asked for my strip to be medium at the table and it most def was. Perfect. Not to much on sides but not to little either. Def worth the money. The kitchen staff has love for their food and it shows. Only a few things I would change but they are so small it isn't worth complaining about. Great service Becky. Thank you. Sincerely (John) lol.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The food here was Excelent but on the more expensive side. So this is a place I would go for special occasions only.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I have been here before and loved it... But not sure this time. Everthing was great except the steak...it was tasty and cooked the way i asked for it... but i could not continue to chew every bite...it was very chewy. I was surprised that the server did not notice that everything on the plate was gone except the chewed steak that went back on the plate....I thought she would have asked why I not consume all the steak....???

I will try it again but hope the steak is better next time...

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Food was OK=depends on who is cooking. "Medium" steak could come out rare or well-done. Table was TINY-about 18" x18" for two people. Our steaks got cold while we finished our salads because the waitress had to take them back to sit on the counter.

There were larger tables available but I guess we weren't friends of anyone there!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We were told this was a great place, looking from the outside we were not impressed. Inside, how cute, quaint, and old world charm. Food, service, was top, and they did everything to make our visit like an old friend visiting.

Been to Windmill? Share your experiences!