New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee

Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Seattle, Washington
“Good little budget motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Not the fanciest place in town, but its a good value for what you pay. It's clean, the staff is super friendly, and makes cookies for guests every evening. There's a small pool, jacuzzi, and workout room. The rooms are large, and there's a good selection for breakfast. The beds are very firm, but otherwise, very happy with this place.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gina_muller, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, we are always happy to hear from our guests. Glad that you liked the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, they are yummy!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
penticton b.c.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Room very reasonable ...good breakfast..friendly staff would stay again
we didn't make reservations but suggest you do we will do next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gina_muller, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed our delicious hot breakfast buffet. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to Wenatchee.
Yakima
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

During the check-in process the front clerk told me to initial the receipt stating that I had a pet, I did so thinking I would be paying the extra fee and all would be taken care of.

After my stay I was looking over my bank statements I noticed the cost of my 1 night stay was in the $300 range, I called the hotel to resolved the matter, the manager wasn't in so I left a message and was assured I would be called back the next day. After 2 days of waiting for a call back, I decided to call them again and got in touch with the manager.

This is where things got interesting, after explaining the situation, I was informed that they had a separate pet agreement form (I'll admit I've done it both ways, initial the receipt or sign a form). Figuring this would be chalk up to just an honest mistake, I was told they wouldn't be reimbursing any money back and accused me of hiding my pet.

I had the vice president of the hockey association I'm affiliated with, call them back and try again to resolve the mistake on their part after I was hung up on during my attempt.. The manager accidentally slipped up and mentioned they knew I had a pet, which would be easy to see, since I was walking him comfortable inside and out during my stay and the pet is close to 100lbs. My hockey association v.p. was told she would get a call back and an answer whether they would be willing to reimburse me, they never have called back to this day.

I know times are tight but if they knew I had a pet, why didn't they inform me I needed to sign their form, like I said I've done both before so initialing the receipt when asked if I had a pet seemed legit. So if you have to stay at this hotel be sure to get the pet form and don't fall for initialing the receipt otherwise enjoy donating $200 plus.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mleight
Asotin, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I've been coming to the Comfort Inn for years and it just continues to improve. Kelly Brown the Manager does an excellent job of managing the hotel and is always there with a bright smile and cheerful words even at the end of a long tiring day.

The rooms are comfortable and the bed great!

Room Tip: If you don't smoke then you'll want to stay away from the north end of the 3rd floor, the ho...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gina_muller, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
I am glad to know that have been staying here for years. Kellie Brown is great and always does her best to make sure the hotel is comfortable for our guests. We will see you next time!
WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Good

Cleaner room than 4 stars. Cleanest carpet I have seen.
Great service(got service call right after checkin)
Lots of parking
Good location
Complimentary breakfast which is on the healthy side
22 miles from Leavenworth
Smallish pool and jacuzie
Large rooms
Bad

Price (on the high side)

Ugly
None

Room Tip: Cant place in leavenworth. Try wenatchee. Fast flat road
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are just a short drive to Leavenworth. We hope you stay with us the next time you are in Wenatchee.