“A wonderful hotel experience!”

Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed 6 April 2012

First, the hotel was everything that one is coming to expect from this chain. Our room was well-designed and furnished. All in the hotel was spotlessly clean. But the real truth about this place came when we were enjoying the manager's reception on one of the two nights we stayed. We sat with our complimentary drinks near the front desk and the manager's desk (located right in the lobby!), and were blown away by the wonderful service everyone had who was checking in. Some of these people came in tired and maybe a little cranky from their travels, but the gals at the front desk and the manager were attitude-changers! Suddenly, everyone had a smile on their face from the special treatment that every guest received. One of them was told he was the Guest of the Day. He got a special parking spot and some other rewards. How fun! Congratulations to this crew for making this a great place to stay in Wenatchee!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KatieMcKay
JosephRainey, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for this amazing review, sounds like you have caught on to our plan! We do try to ensure every guest that stays here has a positive and fun experience. We are all people and we know that being away from home isn't always fun, so we will always give our best effort to give you that comfortable friendly feel. Besides that, we all love our jobs and meeting new people and it definitely shows from all of our team members. So glad you enjoyed the manager's reception, it is definitely a nice little bonus that we do Mondays Tuesdays and Wednesdays along with the fresh cookies and milk nightly! We look forward to next visit to Wenatchee!

Reviewed 25 February 2012

re visited this hotel because we like Wenatchee and Leavenworth. The area restaurants are good and different from our home. The hotel offers a really good breakfast and also dinner and beer or wine 3 nights a week. We had a good time and very much enjoyed the hot tub and pool.

Room Tip: any room off the main floor, quieter
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
JosephRainey, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for your return visit and the comment. We appreciate positive feedback. We work very hard to ensure that we accommodate all your needs and give a little extra with the dinner so I'm glad you enjoy it! Come back for fun in the sun this summer and we'll see you then!

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express hotels while traveling around the state on business. This was my first visit to the Wenatchee location, and I was very impressed. The hotel is not luxurious, yet it is very well designed and furnished. Their location is convenient to dining and shopping, and is far enough away from the busy city streets not to have traffic noise.
What really makes the difference at this hotel is the professionalism and friendly hospitality of the staff. They do NOT exude that plastic phoniness which seems to be the hallmark of many hotel chains. Rather, these folks are genuinely nice and down to earth. The hotel manager, Joe (I forgot to note his last name), steered me toward an off-beat burger place when I inquired about restaurants within walking distance, and gave me a coupon for a complimentary Tillimook Cheese & Bacon burger. Joe promised that the burger would be awesome. Joe was right...it was the best hamburger I've had in years, coupled with some incredible garlic fries.
My room was comfortable, quiet, impeccably clean, and convenient. The Wi-Fi signal was strong and reliable, which allowed me to get an incredible amount of work accomplished. Breakfast was decent. In short, the Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee took on the challenge of matching the excellent experiences I've had at their sister hotels, and came out a winner!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor, which was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FightingLeprechaun
JosephRainey, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Our slogan is "Impress guests" and I am excited to hear that we did! All of our staff was chosen carefully as they are all down to earth and caring. They are definitely real in their customer service as most of them have been here 2 or more years because they sincerely like their jobs and providing a hospitable stay for everyone that comes here. From the front desk with recommendations for food, directions, etc to the housekeeping staffs success in room cleanliness, we do our best to accommodate so I'm elated it shows! We look forward to your return and a excellent stay every time :-)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We recently stayed here on our way to Chelan and had a fabulous experience! We were travelling with a child and a dog, which is always challenging when it comes to accomodations. When we checked in, the night clerk saw the dog in the car and gave me treats for her! So sweet. The clerk was extremely friendly and accomodating and check in was quick and easy.
The room was basic, but clean, new and comfortable. We slept well and were very comfortable.
The pool is small, but very nice and clean. It is also open late, which is nice if you're arriving late, but have a child that still wants to swim, like we did.
The parking was good, which can sometimes be a challenge with hotels like this. It is right off of the main road, so it's easy to find, yet far enough away that road noise is not an issue.
The breakfast was fabulous! They put out quite a spread. There is everything you can possibly imagine....from pancakes (a cool machine that makes them automatically) to biscuits and gravy to yogurt and pastries.
We loved this hotel and would definitely stay again! The price we got online was amazing and it was definitely the most bang for the buck that we've gotten in a long time!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
JosephRainey, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Thank you for the time you took to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer, just a little extra something that goes along with the customer service. We are proud to be dog friendly and provide that convenience to our guests :-) Let us know when you will be back to our facility and we'll have your doggie treats waiitng! We appreciate your business and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Wait...I can only give 5 stars? I wish I could give 100. This was hands down the best experience of my life staying in a hotel. Besides the fact that that they have cookies and milk (who DOES that?!) and a great continental breakfast, they literally have the best people working for them that I've ever met.

My husband was in town for a job interview and we stayed for 4 nights. We had no responsibilities in town during our stay besides the interview, so we were able to take in everything the town, and the hotel had to offer. They have a great hotel and hot tub, that are open til 11. I intended on using the fitness center while I was there- it's 24 hours, and I never got around to it. I was impressed by how nice it was though!

The cookies and milk were fantastic, and the cookies were obviously homemade. This is something I still can't get over. A hotel that offers that many awesome services and serves COOKIES?! I guess I just really love cookies.

My first amazing experience actually occured when we had been there for a night and I woke up at 9 am for breakfast. I came downstairs and the breakfast stuff was gone! I went up to this woman named Olga and I asked her when they were done serving breakfast usually and when she realized I had missed breakfast, she went out of her way to still serve me as much as she could, and she was so apologetic. It was MY fault I had missed breakfast, and I was honestly assuming she would just tell me the directions to the nearest Denny's or something. No, this woman went above and beyond.

I made sure to say something about this woman's excellent customer service, but now I am wishing I had held off and just written out a comment card for EVERY person on their staff. My husband and I both thought that everyone was so nice. A typical interaction with the staff was us walking into the lobby, and them waving at us and asking if we were having a good day, and wishing my husband luck on his job interview and asking if he heard back yet. When he said he hadn't heard back yet, they'd always say "You'll get it!" Every time we left the lobby area, we were beaming with happiness because they put us in such a good mood. That sounds so cheesy, but if you've ever stayed at this hotel you know exactly what I mean.

He still hasn't heard back, but I think the day is tomorrow that we find out. I hope we end up moving to the Wenatchee area because everyone is so nice! I seriously think the kindness we experienced at this hotel is really unusual and you just don't see that anywhere. Want to know what else is cool? On this website, I noticed that everyone that commented, got a comment back from the hotel! They actually care a lot about their service, and it shows.

To the man who was helping my husband and I by telling us where to and where not to live if we can move here- thank you. You said you had just moved back after living somewhere else for 10 years. Seriously, high 5 to everyone on your staff. I already miss our little business "vacation." I am going to be the crabbiest person ever going back to work tomorrow because I already miss it. We will stop in and say hi if we get to move there! We already know you're crossing your fingers for us!

-Justina and Mike

Room Tip: We had a room chosen for us because my husband's business paid for it. It was on the third floo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Justina G
JosephRainey, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Thank you so much for this AMAZING review! Our whole staff was blushing with all your kind words. We are so glad you had a great stay here, makes every effort worth it. Our guests are like family and that's all we try to show :-) Let us know next time you're in town, we will be sure to have an abundance of cookies! If you are ever in need of a job we would love for you to manage our trip advisor responses, your review was just AWESOME!