“Best BBQ in Wenatchee”
Review of Sweetwood Bbq

Sweetwood Bbq
Ranked #13 of 146 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I have been coming here since they have opened their doors and consistently been impressed with their food and service. Their BBQ is flavorful and moist and their sauce has just enough kick for my palette while not overshadowing the favoring the meat. On top of their food they have a decent rotating tap list which includes a favorite Cider of mine (Manchester) which in my opinion pairs perfectly with their pulled pork, bbq chicken thighs and honey sriracha ribs.

I can't considered this cheap eats, but meat is expensive and you are getting a great value for the time that goes into that meat. As for sides I love their corn bread, it comes with a side of honey butter and it's a heavenly combo when the bread is warm.

Their signage isn't very prominent, but I also like it that way as you have to be more "in the know". But when you find it you will incredibly rewarded with flavorful bbq.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to go in Wenatchee for barbecue. The smoked meats are very good and they serve wonderful salads. We enjoy taking friends when they visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

In the email they offered a gift card to come in and try them again. I stopped in for lunch, had the ribs and chicken, corn bread and beans. None of it seemed as sweet as before. It was all pretty much average except for the ribs. I got the bottom layer that was cooked to almost being jerky, needles to say I only ate part of what I paid for. The waitress was the highlight of my lunch, very good at what she does. I have no problem with this place or the owners, I try to call it the way it is. For average BBQ, it's a great place, I might try it again in a few years. I do appreciate them at least offering the gift card, (I did not give info needed to send me one). Thanks for the offer.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Exactly 15 minutes from the Wenatchee airport, this place appeared to be a convenient way to pick up some food on the way to my hotel. They said it would be 15 minutes to have the food prepared and they were true to their word. Got a sample of their beers on tap as they boxed it up and went to the hotel with moderate expectations.

Tried a bite of each item...on a 1-10 rating...coleslaw 8, crunchy and not filled with mayo. Beans 8, tangy and smoky. Potato salad 8, creamy with eggs and onions breaking up the usual blandness. Brisket 9, dry rubbed and charred with some nice tangy bbq sauce, but not too wet. Ribs 9, perfect looking...I mean looked like they were cut by a laser! Very tasty as a dry rub with just enough sauce to bring it to life. Very impressed! I will be back!!

Reviewed 24 July 2018

A difficult review to do. My wife and I had pork ribs and they were meaty and tender and of good quality. The rub and the sauce didn't blend well with each other. The vinegar based sauce was pretty sour and the rub had an odd flavor that to us tasted like it had cinnamon or something similar. Corn bread was way too sweet. The french fries were plentiful and excellent.

With so many positive reviews i have to believe it was more of a personal preference issue more than anything. Service was fine. It was just the execution of the flavors we didn't care for.

Been to Sweetwood Bbq? Share your experiences!