“Good Asian Style Food”
Review of Bonsai Teriyaki

Bonsai Teriyaki
Ranked #19 of 54 Restaurants in Tumwater
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve been visiting this restaurant a few times a month for seven years. The staff are so friendly and courteous and if you visit often enough, they remember your preferences. I love that they are willing to allow small changes to their menu items.

The restaurant is clean and has a relaxing atmosphere. Every meal we’ve tried is tasty and appropriately spicy. The meal sizes are just right. We never leave hungry.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

This is not your typical Americanized Asian restaurant that is generally dimly lit, has limp vegetables, grey colored food, heavy greasy smells with slow service. This is a hopping, popping place. During the lunch hour every one of the tables had customers but without long waits, they serve amazingly great original flavors which made this critic happy to recall oriental tastes from my years in China. Several soup options. I ordered with vegetable tofu dish and will each time I return. Just don't understand why a tofu dish should cost more than a chicken dish but we'll worth the price.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Small informal eatery with revolving art displayed on both walls. It's easy to overlook but give it a try. My "go-to" is the oriental salad but there is a lot to choose from. Take-out seems popular also.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Two of us had lunch here today. I had the almond chicken. It came with two small scoops of rice. It was really bland and uninteresting. I had to add hot sauce to it. My friend had the mushroom chicken and that's exactly what it was - chicken and mushrooms. I expected to see more veggies in these dishes. I might try this again and order something different. The service was excellent.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

This is a very nice, family owned and operated restaurant that is very reasonably priced. The teriyaki and chinese dishes are as good or better as any similar establishments with very generous portions. The place is run almost exclusively by the husband and wife owners who are the sweetest and kindest people you would ever want to meet. Going here is like going to a best friend's house for dinner. I have tried a large cross section of the menu and have never had a dish I did not enjoy. You cannot go wrong by trying Bonsai Teriyaki.

Been to Bonsai Teriyaki? Share your experiences!