“Clean”

Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed 1 July 2017

The hotel was clean and near the interstate.

The neighborhood was a little iffy for the price charged. The picture of the hotel is a little deceiving.

The free wi-fi was only dial-up speed at best.

The did have a decent breakfast available each morning.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room next to the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I arrived to find that the hotel had cancelled my booking (and not let me know) as it said my credit card clearance had failed during the night. My cost through Booking.com was $101 (incl breakfast and plus taxes). They offered to give me another room at $269 plus taxes. All the time the receptionist was dealing with me, she kept answering the phone to other clients - very bad manners and poor customer service practice. Other people were waiting in the lobby and had similar problems to me. The hotel refused to honour my original booking and put me in a shuttle bus (with a driver who did not speak English and who was on his mobile phone whilst driving) to another Ramada, a couple of miles away. They said that I was the third guest in a row they had been sent from Ramada SEATAC North and that the hotel had obviously been overbooking. They would not honour the Booking.com price but sold me a room for $150 plus taxes, but no breakfast. I am out of pocket and was highly stressed by the whole experience. I would not go there or recommend it - I think they were just wanting to get more for the rooms which had been sold at a cheaper price.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank PetrosHants
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I just want to get one thing off my chest - I didn't actually stay here. Priceline messed up my booking so I was unable to get in to my room - but my rating is based on the unhelpfulness of the front desk staff. They seemed very unwilling to try and help my situation - in fact making it more difficult to find a resolution to my problem. Priceline suggested the faxed over my booking to which they replied 'No you can't do that. It will mess up our inventory.' After standing in the reception hall for an hour - I left. Great customer service is important these days, and I was left thinking worse about Ramada employees.

Stayed: June 2017
3  Thank gazb2
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Recently stayed in Seattle for the Blue Jays series vs the Mariners. The city was pretty much sold out, but we managed to get a reservation here at a decent rate. Upon check in, we were pleasantly greeted by a gentleman (sorry I have forgotten his name) who was very helpful explaining the different amenities and what not of the property. Sure...it doesn't have a pool, a bar, and it isn't downtown, but for the area, and the rate, it is an excellent property. The breakfast was just what we needed and the staff was all very helpful. Amy was especially outstanding throughout our entire stay. Very hard working, pays close attention to detail, and does it all with a beautiful smile. She is a great asset to your team, as is the man who checked us in and the cleaning staff.

Also, the shuttle was prompt, pleasant, and we had a nice moment on the way to the hotel when he cranked the radio and we all sang at the top of our lungs to the tune of "I Can See Clearly Now".

The location is very accessible if you are looking to get downtown. Bus stops are all over the place, and the light rail station is a quick walk up the road. As well, there are many restaurants and a very "unique" coffee stand just up the road. That was a very surprising part of the trip if you know what I mean. To top that off...that coffee stand had outstanding coffee! We had to keep going back...for the coffee..of course.

All in all, we had an excellent stay and a huge part of that was the hotel, and all of their staff. Kudos to the Ramada SeaTac Airport North! Great job and, if I'm ever back in the area, I would definitely consider staying there again.

Also...as a last thought here...I can't give a more positive review to Amy. I know I mentioned her earlier here, but she is a perfect front desk representative. Thanks again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I have never been to a hotel that charges by the hour for early checking in early. I arrived at the airport at a little after noon. Called the hotel to find out if I could check in early and was told there was a fee. How much? $20 per hour. Really? Okay, can I drop off my bags so I don't need to carry them around with me all day? Sure, just $10 per bag. Really? I would expect that at an EconoLodge or similar but not a Ramada. Okay fine, send the shuttle and I will pay the "bag hostage fee". They say okay, look for a shuttle from "ECONOLODGE!" Only 30 short minutes later the shuttle arrived. They dropped us off at the EconoLodge across the street and made us walk across to our hotel. I "pre-checked in" and booked a 4:00AM shuttle back to the airport (earliest shuttle) and left to explore downtown. I came back to the hotel about 11:00 pm and picked up my key to the room. The room smelled musty seemed mostly clean. Wife said she wanted to take a bath, but no plug for the tub. The TV said "channel not found" on every channel and the WIFI didn't work (Phone could "see" three different SSIDs with Ramada in the name, but two wouldn't connect and the other just hung). Not sure if it is just the room but don't book room 113.
In the morning the shuttle actually came across the street from the Econolodge to pick us up (we didn't have to go to that hotel to pick us up) but was 5 minutes late. Apparently the Econolodge customers had a higher priority.

If this was my first stay at a Ramada, this would have been my last.

On the pro side, the front desk personnel were very polite.

Room Tip: Room 113 not recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
3.5 km away
6.8 km away
Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport
5.3 km away
Days Inn Seatac Airport

Been to Ramada SeaTac Airport North? Share your experiences!