“Afternoon tea and cake!”
Review of Dolce Si - CLOSED

Dolce Si
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

It's my bday and I picked up mom for tea and a treat! It was a beautiful hot day and inside seating was perfect. We shared a piece of Tiramisu and a peach like pastry. It was really good. Lots of people were wandering g in for Gelato too. Nice day.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

A friend and I met at Point Ruston, walked the trail loop and then stopped here for coffee and a dessert. I had a latté and a fruit tart. The coffee was noteworthy with a designed
top. The tart had a shortbread crust and a custard and fruit filling. Excellent! My friend had the pomegranate gelato and a pastry. The atmosphere, decor and enormous choice of pastries, cookies, etc are fantastic. The staff are patient, welcoming and efficient.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I had visited earlier in May and they were so low on stock, we didn't even bother.

We visited it again, to give it a fair shake, and if we were there for the gelato, we'd have called it good. But, we were their for the cannoli.

I've had cannoli up and down the east coast, Connecticut, NYC, New Jersey, and even Alexandria, VA. Where did I have the worst cannoli ever? Dolce Si in Tacoma. First, the filling was over-whipped, but this wasn't the biggest sin, the cookie tube had NO FLAVOR. How does that happen? I'll tell you, from a chef that figures they know better and really doesn't. I'd suggest that the chef check out the cannoli at Il Lucano in Gig Harbor for something that comes much closer to the real deal.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Imagine a destination eatery on key days not having enough stock or staff to serve people. Would have liked to eat there on Saturday, but apparently they don't have enough staff to deal with demand and the cases were damned near empty. I will try again in the middle of the week to see if I can rightfully update this review with a positive experience, but if it is empty, it may be worse.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

I was very excited find gelato and canoli in North Tacoma- feels like being in Italy. The service is super friendly!