“A one plate pancake is all you need!”
Review of Shakabrah

Shakabrah
Ranked #82 of 840 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 3 July 2017

a wonderful place for a breakfast/brunch. I think it used to close at 2 but now it says 4pm. However, if no-one is there, they close by 2-3. the food is excellent and plentiful. It is full of locals and destination folks. All ages mixed together into a murmuring great Saturday morning brunch. Anything you order is good, but the indulgence of a plate full of one pancake is very hard to pass up.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Huevos Rancheros, my favorite. Funky spot with a homey feel in 6th Ave neighborhood. Get there early on Saturday for a table. Pancakes are delish!

Reviewed 27 October 2016

I'm so glad we sat next to Mama K on a flight, to find out she was the new owner. And what a difference it's made. A delightful place, which fits anyone's morning mood, anytime! The menu covers anything anyone could want. My only suggestion - improve the juice menu.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Gosh, I really missed out on this opportunity to eat what looked like some really fun things. The pancakes ooze over the edge of the plate. The potatoes are stacked in a heap. Design your own potatoes or pancakes. I had bacon and a poached egg. Had I read the reviews ahead of time, I might have splurged and been more adventurous. My loss for sure! I won't make the same mistake next time I come!

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

It's okay in a good way. Nothing fancy witch is fine, very noisy with people talking and kids yelling or crying which it is what it is. Tables real close together with narrow isles. The food you get plenty for your money and they really pile on the potatoes they act like the potatoes are special but they are just cubed potatoes that are cooked soft and did not really have much taste, was not the least bit crunchy the way they should be. The sausage links and patties are just run of the mill pre frozen type with common taste and nothing special. I did like the biscuit and gravy okay but it really needed more chunks of real sausage and more sausage flavor. This is just a common place to eat really but you can make the same thing at home that would be better with a little planning.

Been to Shakabrah? Share your experiences!