All reviewsconvention centerpacific grillvalet parkingglass museumbistro staffchildren's museumself parkwithin walking distancenice hotelcourtyard by marriottvalet servicedirectly across the streetconference roomthe entire stafffew blockslocation is excellentclean rooms
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel itself is very nice. Every thing and been recently updated. It is all very clean and fresh. Not that there is a downside but.... no onsite parking. Offsite parking is a half block away but that is not very far.
Would stay at again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Carol P, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tacoma Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us! The hotel has self-parking, as mentioned, and also offers valet parking for those who prefer not to walk the half block. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 October 2016

After a disappointing stay at the Hotel Murano a couple of years ago, I hoped the Courtyard would be a better, more comfortable option for a trade show I attend. I could not have been more pleased. From the moment I first stepped into the elegant lobby I felt right at home. The public spaces are just beautiful, with numerous quiet corners and fun features like a mini-mart, free popcorn and a DVD library. I shared a suite with a young colleague and she was thrilled to have her own sofa sleeper, television and bar sink while I had a fully separate room with a king bed and a common bathroom. The bed was perfection, the bathroom was spotless and had great toiletries and towels. We also loved having a refrigerator for leftovers and cold drinks. The large sunny windows in each room and the individual climate controls made us very comfortable. The pool area was larger than average, the on-site restaurant had an extensive menu and the one banquet meal we had on site was better than average. This is a spotless, well managed property and I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Upper floors will have better views.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank rainbirdreader
Reviewed 9 October 2016

As the only Marriott close to downtown they have Marriott Rewards Members pretty much locked in!..... but that's OK. I've stayed there before and it still very good : nice rooms, friendly and welcoming staff, good valet service and popcorn if you need it.

I'll go back there when business takes me to Tacoma.

Room Tip: Go High : it's always the best.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank burtfp
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

I had never been to Tacoma before and had no idea where to stay. It looked as though this hotel was well located and maintained, so I booked a one night stay. The hotel did not disappoint. The service was good, the room spotless...the only thing missing is a hotel bar for a nightcap!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Carol P, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tacoma Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank you for your nice comments! If you were looking for a nightcap after our Bistro closed at 10:00pm, we have beer and wine in our market available until 2:00am (just so you know the next time you stay at Courtyard.) We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 27 September 2016

I stayed one night while attending a conference at the convention center right across the street. I got both dinner and breakfast to go. Service was very quick and the food very good. My room was like new and very comfortable. Just a perfect stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Carol P, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tacoma Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

What a perfectly delightful comment. Thank you for staying with us!