“Hugs and large portions ”
Review of Olive Branch Cafe

Olive Branch Cafe
Ranked #1 of 862 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Soups
Description: Currently moving to Freighthouse Station, Hoping to be open mid March or so, will update asap with dates and times :)
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Our visit started and ended with hugs. We were hugged upon our arrival by the hostess and hugged by Chef Terry as we left. The decor is adorable and eclectic. The food was delicious. The tomato soup had a bit of heat and a 1/2 sandwich was a full meal. I had chicken pesto and my husband had turkey. For dessert we shared chocolate cake which was divine. Mid-meal the chef-owner stopped by and told her story which was awesome. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

This is a lovely destination for a relaxing lunch. You are greeted warmly, the ambiance is welcoming and intimate, the food is plentiful and good, the piano accompaniment is a classy touch. It's so fun to have a selection of hats to wear while dining! It is rare to be able to just take your time over your meal without feeling rushed. My young granddaughters (7,9 and 10) absolutely loved their lunch here, and the friends I've taken have been very impressed. I'm so inspired by the courage of the owner, Terry, as she pursues her dream, and the people who support her. I'm looking so forward to the dinner service when that is underway!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

The pictures others have posted tell the story. This place is so beautiful and quaint it reminded me of going to my grandmothers, but it was so regal. Teri has put a lot of love and care into the design of this cafe and you can feel that as soon as you walk in. The food, tea and service was amazing. We're already planning for Mother's Day and tea party get togethers as this establishment has all the fixings for a grand time. I must say the Egg salad sandwich and Ruben are worth it. Everything is homemade and done well. A great place to visit if you're in the Tacoma area! Support small businesses! And this one is well worth it.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

As soon as you walk in you are greeted warmly with a hug. Brian playing piano in the background for ambiance. Simply amazing women who run this place. Terry, the owner, is doing something very special here. The food is phenomenal. I had the salmon chowder and the Olive Branch Reuben, both were to die for. Before the meal you are shown to the tea closet where you get to pick out the tea you want from the huge selection of delicious choices. I would highly recommend trying out this very lovely and unique place.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Owner & staff are very friendly, welcoming. Intimate, tea setting. Larger areas for tea parties; even an area for little girl tea parties. Antiques and nice decor. Piano player! Fresh, good quality food and wide tea choice.

Been to Olive Branch Cafe? Share your experiences!