“Phone order for faster service. DELICIOUS”
Review of Ichiban Teriyaki

Ichiban Teriyaki
Ranked #164 of 765 Restaurants in Tacoma
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Phone order your meal for faster service. We walked in and were appalled that others who walked in after us to pick up phone orders were served before us. We waited 30 minutes for our order.

On the flip side -- the food was DELICIOUS!!! The portions were huge. One dinner could have been shared between my husband and myself.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Missed this last week due to a flat tire on I5 on our way to the beach.

Stopping in Auburn for the night with friend Steph. So, we stopped at Ichiban and got food to go for this evening. Never ceases to amaze me how deliciously consistent this place has been since I started eating lunch there in 1998-99. Every lunch for a year.

Same portions, same wonderful flavor. Delightful owners.

Got teriaki chicken, pork fried rice, chicken katsu, and kung pau chicken. Should be a great meal.

Hopefully we are able to return this coming August on our wsy back fown to the beach.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

This place constantly delivers great food ans allot of it for a great price. The mama lady always takes care if me. She knows my granddaughter loves gyoza and she always throws some in for her.

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

This place is not a fancy place at all. The food is great and the service is awesome. I have eaten here a few times and no one left feeling upset or that their food wasn't good. Portions are just right and fresh food! If you like teriyaki meals this place is a must dine place for you in Tacoma/Fife, WA.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Still in business but now located at 8425 South Hosmer St 98444. This is actually about 2-3 blocks north of their previous location.

The chicken teriyaki #6 lunch special is still excellent and a reasonable price at $5.99. The plate includes meat, rice and lettuce salad. Sadly we were told " no more miso soup" available so didn't get to order that. The salad now lacks much of their previously delicious dressing and there are apparently no more black sesame seeds used on the salad.

A basketball team walked in about three minutes before us. Unfortunately, the 15 minute wait we were told actually ended up being around 45 minutes.

Once the food arrived, however, that old, familiar flavor came through for a very enjoyable lunch. I used to eat here every work day while practicing at a clinic nearby their old location. Since moving to Montana, we always make a point of stopping when traveling to and from our beach cottage in Long Beach Washington for lunch. The proprietor seems to remember us once we remind her of our long term connection, which started back in 1998, and always provides very friendly service.

We're headed back home in a couple days and will be making another stop for lunch, this time meeting up with my medical assistant who worked with me at the old clinic. Familiar friends and familiar food, what a great deal.

Been to Ichiban Teriyaki? Share your experiences!