“Good lunch ”

Ben Dews Clubhouse Grill
Ranked #176 of 766 Restaurants in Tacoma
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I came here for dinner with a friend enjoyed my lunch. The food is good diner food and the service is friendly.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This eatery isn’t fancy and that’s why it works so well. It’s a home style cooking place with friendly service and reasonable prices. I had the shrimp louie which overflowed with shrimp, cheese, egg and olives. Just so tasty. Give it a go!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Stopped there with wife for early dinner yesterday. Few people but it was early. I ordered a breakfast while my wife ordered a steak off the senior menu. My breakfast Chicken Fried Steak with Eggs (and pancakes) was huge! My wife's dinner was of a very good size even for the regular menu let alone the senior menu. She ordered her steak medium rare and it came medium well but the made it right with another steak cooked right. Decent value for the meals we received.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We've gone to this place several times over the years. The food has ranged from terrible to pretty good depending in what time of day you are there. What set this visit apart was the terrible waitress (with long blond hair) in the bar who served us on this visit. We had gone in to have dinner, a few drinks and play pull tabs. when my husband asked to play one of the games, she informed him that game was "already being played" along with two others...not that the games were frozen. In fact, the games were NOT marked as being frozen. It became obvious to us after awhile that it was only one table of customers that were playing these games, and whether or not they had put the required amount of money into each game in order to freeze them was questionable. So, we did not play and just waited for our food. This place is a local neighborhood bar with many regulars, and it was evident this waitress new many and had her favorites. The worst part of the visit was actually observing something that happened to another guest. A woman eating alone near us told our waitress that her chicken was really spicy...too spicy. Waitress response: "it's your imagination. It was fixed the same way we always prepare it." The woman looked stunned. The waitress then ignored her. The woman got up and went to get someone else to help her. Her food was taken away to be replaced, but by the time our food came, we ate and left, that poor ladies food never came back. It was terrible. We WILL NEVER GO BACK, even though we've had great service by another waitress in the bar previously.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We were attending Tacoma Musical Playhouse and went to dinner here before the show. Service was good and the food was much better than I expected. I'm not sure why I thought the food might not be good. I had the fish and chips. The portion was large and the price reasonable.
They have a huge menu including extensive breakfast offerings. There has to be something here for everyone.
We'll come back here.

Been to Ben Dews Clubhouse Grill? Share your experiences!