All reviews parking garage glass bridge free breakfast breakfast selection pacific ave breakfast room king suite would stay here again great pillows within walking distance large room yogurt two blocks nice hotel point defiance bed was comfortable indoor pool
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Staff is very pleasant and accommodating. They take great care of the property. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are comfortable. Great location with easy access to highways and ample eateries. The breakfast is standard fast food fare with variety.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I stay here quite often for work. It’s a great spot. Lots of local eateries, breweries and things to do close by. Not a very loud area either— considering that you are staying downtown.

The staff here is phenomenal. Everyone is always smiling. Good vibes.

The lady that attends to the breakfast room is amazing. Quite the character. Really made me feel at home. Mitch at the front desk was great as well. He responded to an issue I had very efficiently and did so in a cordial, accommodating and genuine way.

I’ll continue to stay here in the future.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Christina B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

We are so incredibly ecstatic to hear you enjoy your stays and keep on your return visits with us! We will be sure to let him know of your kind words, and look forward to being able to accommodate you again!
Cheers until next time!

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel has some strong points--laundry, gym, basic breakfast, and a friendly staff. However, the noise from the room above me was very disruptive. I was jolted awake many times during the night. I would stay again but only if I could not find other options.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Christina B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

We greatly apologize about your recent experience here at our property. We had a Cheer Team in house for one night during your visit. Please know you are always welcome to call the front desk at any time of day or night to address your concerns, and we will be sure to assist in anyway possible immediately. We do hope you can give us another chance in the future to show you this is not a typical stay. We wish you safe travels in your future!

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

The property was clean, parking was safe and breakfast was consistent with brand. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Front desk staff was kind and efficient.

I had brought my wife with me. She liked the property as well. Our only concern was with the guests above us...they were very noisey and we kept waking up until early in the AM. Not such a good thing if you have early morning meetings.

I would stay here again.

Thanks HIE.

1  Thank R5978CMcesarr
Christina B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are terribly sorry you experienced noise concerns during your stay. Please know that you are more than welcome at any time of day and night to call our front desk to address your concerns with our staff and we can remedy the situation immediately for you. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

This is close to the Convention Center. Hotel is fairly new. Everything was clean and in good working order. Room was clean. Little kitchenette suite was nice. Complimentary breakfast was good. Secure parking garage costs $7 per night.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to write a review! We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and we hope we can see you in the future!