“A Pleasant Surprise”

Shogun
Ranked #426 of 773 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Looking for a quick meal for two hungry Chinese teenagers and we saw the Shogun in a local strip mall. Stopped by after school. Prompt service. Delicious sushi and soup. Good value. They gobbled it up.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

After a gym session (fitness Evolution), wife and I want something quick for dinner. Walked in and ordered "To-Go" but it was far from quick, waited 50 minutes later. The food wasn't worth the wait - we wouldn't have minded if it was really busy but if didn't seem like it. I hope this doesn't happen on the regular basis, Thanks but no thanks!.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Not only is the sushi chef a very good looking woman (a rarity in a Japanese restaurant), but the fish was very fresh and flavorful. Nigiri sushi was properly made with just enough rice to support a much larger slice of fish.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

I've seen other posts that aren't favorable, but we found this restaurant to serve quite good food. We had two types of sushi that were excellently prepared, the rice was perfect and the lunch plate was very well done. The service also was attentive, alert and pleasant. This was our second time and we will go back again. I don't know about the dinners, but I suspect they are just as good as our lunch was. The place was packed at lunch time so that must say something about how others feel about it.

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

My husband's and I just moved here and I really wanted some hibachi. We have been to a good amount of hibachi restaurants and have heard of shogun so we figured we'd give it a try. .. the service was okay but the food just want that good. I had a few pieces of chicken that tasted funny and my veggies were under cooked. And there was no yum yum sauce :0 don't think we'll be going back to this one